Motul NOACK List

Finally got a reply from Motul on the NOACK evaporation loss tests for a few of their products.

qX4nYIw.jpg

The sport series is actually a newer product line, it's just not marketed heavily in the US. My understanding is that it is above the 8100-series oils but below 300V.

For those of you complaining about Motul never getting back to you: just call their US headquarters and talk to the tech guys. You can get through to them pretty reliably. I'm not sure if Joey is still there, but he has always been helpful whenever I've called.

Pretty much. They've had the Sport line since 2010, but came to the US around early 2015. It's a more street/daily-driven oriented oil. Longer OCIs. Ester based with a good add pack. Being able to stave off fuel dilution seems to be a touted attribute. The 5W50 has a cSt of 17.7, putting it right at the bottom of an SAE 50, almost on the fence to a 40.

IASathu.jpg

O8sWSlT.jpg

Reactions: a5m
Originally Posted By: GermanAutohaus
Pretty much. They've had the Sport line since 2010, but came to the US around early 2015. It's a more street/daily-driven oriented oil. Longer OCIs. Ester based with a good add pack. Being able to stave off fuel dilution seems to be a touted attribute. The 5W50 has a cSt of 17.7, putting it right at the bottom of an SAE 50, almost on the fence to a 40.

Thanks for posting the VOA. The claimed HTHS of 4.5 also puts it more into the 40 range.

Looks like a decent oil. If the price is right, I think it would work well for a performance-oriented application.

Motul 300V and Redline are the two go-to oils for high HP bike engines used in the desert. I have never had a cam or crank/rod failure with either one. And that's some engines that come back from a loop/lap so hot they are burning the riding boots. Open the oil fill and they are "noak'ing" ... But, they still lube just fine
smile.gif

Here are the informations from the motul 300V Competition 5w40:
300V COMPETITION 5W-40

Noack: 7.4 -%

Sulfatedash: 0.91 -%

I would have liked a lower noack. The Amsoil 10W30 has 4.1. The 5W30 may have a lower value.

Back