The money you can save by not using turn signals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomioka

$104 Site Donor 2024
Aside from units confusion you can save 30¢ a year by not using your turn signals. I guess drivers who don't properly use turn signals are smart then.

Last edited:
Probably even more since they won't burn out without regular use. I bet it's a pain in the butt on some cars and people have to take their car to a mechanic to get the lamps changed out.

Originally Posted By: Kibitoshin
Aside from units confusion you can save 30¢ a year by not using your turn signals.

The 30¢ a year saved is well worth the risk of getting your car totaled due to an accident caused by not using your turn signals ...
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Aside from units confusion you can save 30¢ a year by not using your turn signals.

The 30¢ a year saved is well worth the risk of getting your car totaled due to an accident caused by not using your turn signals ...
lol.gif

LOL Lets not forget the cost of a signal light switch that gets worn out after 30 or so years of use.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

lol.gif

LOL Lets not forget the cost of a signal light switch that gets worn out after 30 or so years of use.

Are you implying that there is something wrong with desiring my grandchildren inherit a well preserved turn signal stalk?

I guess you also have a problem with me blowing all of those stop signs and res lights to preserve the brake pedal pad and floor mats?

Waste not, want not.

Seriously though, I think there are more automotive savings to be had by a person getting their butt on a bicycle every now and then.

It's part of a larger trend of declining civility on the road, distracted driving, road rage and general societal breakdown that precedes mass unrest.

Headlights, brake lights, and windshield wipers also really guzzle fuel and maintenance costs. No need for any of them.

Besides the turn signal switch which is probably buried in the steering column (and $50 labor at your local dealership) those switch levers are cheesy plastic. I can imagine breaking one of those off from "excessive" use. I've gotten into the habit of not actually cycling the arm, but just touching it enough to get the signal to turn on (ie pressing it lightly). The bulb price is irrelevant. It's everything else about the switch/lever arm.

You guys should see how incredibly aggressive and angry drivers have become in Cincinnati, on I-75, within 5 miles north or south of the Brent Spence Bridge.
It turns into a different world. It must be seen to be believed.

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
I find the older people get the less they use the turn signals.

I find the more expensive the vehicle, the less likely they will be used.
Maybe it is an option on expensive vehicles?

Seems a lot around me are saving .30c a year. Many of those don't stop at stop signs so save gas from a dead stop too. And many of those like to tailgate - trying to save fuel in the draft. Save by running tires bald, some show the cords, get as many miles as possible, forget having any tread for safety. And don't wash that car, it cost. And steal cars don't require a down or monthly payments. Don't forget to hang out at a gas station begging for a quarter or dollar for gas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back