Toxic Tooth-Root Canal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anybody here ever have a root canal tooth pulled and it eliminated their illness or health issues?
I see so much about this and as usual there are two sides on this subject. ( For General Conversation Sake Only)
Interesting!

Do you mean removal of the little pins and rods?

Ask me in 10 years. My dental health is so poor that I worry I'll be using dentures by the time I'm 45. (I brush and floss regularly, but I think I drew the short straw when it comes to tooth strength)

What I read was total tooth extraction. Nothing going on here but it was an interesting read.
Many who insisted it was true lost their jobs.

Originally Posted By: Reddy45
Do you mean removal of the little pins and rods?

Ask me in 10 years. My dental health is so poor that I worry I'll be using dentures by the time I'm 45. (I brush and floss regularly, but I think I drew the short straw when it comes to tooth strength)

That is not good! Might be good to shop around too. As a kid I had a real butcher of a dentist. Of course that was before electricity was invented
smile.gif

Had a root canal around 18 years old or so. 15 years later had an abscess form and caused general sickness. Found out that the original dentist failed to pack the canals properly and the tooth was the source of the infection. It had apparently been festering for years. The infection caused the tooth to bond to the buccal wall and resulted in a bone graft being necessary after it was pulled.

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
Did anybody here ever have a root canal tooth pulled and it eliminated their illness or health issues?
I see so much about this and as usual there are two sides on this subject. ( For General Conversation Sake Only)
Interesting!

One of my Dad's friends had the opposite issue, his bad teeth were initially suspected for his health issues but it turned out to be cancer.

Never had a root canal. Had the option with one of my far back teeth and just had it pulled instead. I still have my wisdom teeth, and the wisdom tooth behind that tooth grew into the open space so I have a perfectly good tooth there again.

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
I once held the honor of having the worst root infection my dentist had ever seen. I was strangely proud.

did he did it without anesthetic?
mine did.....

Since we're on the subject of dental, let me worn you about lemonade:

Stay away from it unless you able to brush and floss your teeth immediately afterwards.

Originally Posted By: pandus13
I once held the honor of having the worst root infection my dentist had ever seen. I was strangely proud.

mine did.....

Oh heck no. I'm no masochist.
smile.gif
But the nerves were all dead so it didn't hurt at all. I was lucky in that regard. She did some fantastic work and I haven't had any issues with the crowned tooth 17 years later.

I miss that dentist. She was the perfect example of just because a doctor or dentist is old/older does not automatically make them 'better' at what they do. She was new to the practice. Chatting her up once I think I remember her being not yet 30 but she was up on all the latest procedures and equipment and had the fortune of working in a modernized office.

Moving out of state and finding a new dentist that came highly recommended by a family member was like stepping back in time. I got the sense that he was not very good, he wasn't very personable, and his office equipment looked like it was from the 70's. My new dentist had to re-do some of his work a few years later. An expensive lesson.

Originally Posted By: pandus13

mine did.....

Oh heck no. I'm no masochist.
smile.gif
But the nerves were all dead so it didn't hurt at all. I was lucky in that regard. She did some fantastic work and I haven't had any issues with the crowned tooth 17 years later.

I miss that dentist. She was the perfect example of just because a doctor or dentist is old/older does not automatically make them 'better' at what they do. She was new to the practice. Chatting her up once I think I remember her being not yet 30 but she was up on all the latest procedures and equipment and had the fortune of working in a modernized office.

Moving out of state and finding a new dentist that came highly recommended by a family member was like stepping back in time. I got the sense that he was not very good, he wasn't very personable, and his office equipment looked like it was from the 70's. My new dentist had to re-do some of his work a few years later. An expensive lesson.

...yup, did all that.
The cherry on the top was when an old-ish guy visit that dentist and told him "I haven't seen tools/equipment that from my college days..."

I never come back...

Had a bad tooth from being fed a steak from an old cast iron grill that left a piece of the iron on the steak and cracked the teeth. Had one pulled and got my first root canal in Progresso Nuevo Mexico last spring. Seems to be working out. If it goes bad will get implants along with the pulled tooth. Going back for two crowns this fall.

There are times where a tooth or other health issue can, in essence, poison the body. I have Hashimoto's (autoimmune thyroid destruction) and it seems that folks who have Hashimoto's initially do very well when the diseased thyroid is removed.

The reason given is that the immune system no longer attacks the thyroid. However, speculation is that the immune system then goes on to attack something else and cause other, more serious problems, such as Rheumatoid Arthritis or even MS.

Would seem to me that the removal of a diseased or decaying component is often necessary.

I've had a few teeth root-canal'd over the years, and I did have one root canal fail after 10-12 years. Ultimately, the root of the tooth cracked and made it extremely painful even though there was no nerve left in the tooth. Longer story:- X-rays didn't reveal an obvious crack, so the first treatment was to perform an "apicotomy" where they go in the side of the gum and seal the tip of the root (not nearly as horrible as it sounds, actually). Unfortunately, though there was an initial relief, the pain came back within 6 months. The dentist and oral surgeons agreed that pulling the tooth and doing an implant was about the only choice. And it worked, I'm 2 years down the road and the implant is pain-free and working great.

Given that the failed root canal caused pretty much constant low-level pain and occasional bursts of eye-watering pain, I can see how it would have a negative effect on long-term health. I never HAD to quit working or anything like that, but I had many days where I sure didn't feel like my old self and wasn't nearly as productive. It wasn't abscessed, infected, or causing systemic problems, just constant pain dragging me down, making me eat and drink less. If it had gotten infected, I'm sure it would have been much worse.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Since we're on the subject of dental, let me worn you about lemonade:

Stay away from it unless you able to brush and floss your teeth immediately afterwards.

I have started drinking anything that isn't water with a straw for this reason. Even the phosphoric acid in cola can eat away at teeth.

I had a root canal that became infected periodically for years. The gum would swell up and be sore until the infection drained.(trying to be pc here) Several dentists just wanted to prescribe antibiotics, rather than fix the underlying problem. The tooth got so bad I had it pulled. I feel 100% better now. I think a constant, low grade infection is really bad for your overall well being. The problem with dentists is a hack can do incredible damage before you discover it.

I have a root canal and a diagnosed cancer on the corresponding meridian. Have not had the tooth pulled because there doesn't seem to be any tooth replacement strategy without it's own problems and I'm not willing to leave a gap.

A chiropractor that I know says he has a female customer who came in with huge breasts and back pain. She told him that she was going to have breast-reduction surgery because her breasts were making her back hurt. He gave her an exam and said that if you pull that bad tooth that you have, your back pain will go away.
And, according to him, it did. She had a tooth pulled, got to keep her huge breasts and no longer has back pain.
Of course, it could also be just a story that he's telling to make all of his customers feel good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back