Bubbles on dipstick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all.

As i wrote in a threat yesterday. My car has a overfill that is About 1 cm on the dipstick. Today i saw Really Really tiny bubbles on the dipstick. But only on one side of the dipstick. And no foam. Do people think those bubbles are a result of the oil being wipped by the crankshaft?

Thanks all.
Søren

Last edited by a moderator:
I read your thread yesterday. I am not familiar w/ your engine and how 10cm overfilled would or would not cause an issue.

When you checked the dipstick, did you just pull it out and look at it?
If you pulled it, wiped it and then checked it and it had bubbles, then I would be more concerned.

It is both Before and after wipe off. But they are less then a mm in size. Othervise the oil is clear and normal in collor

Some engines are more sensitive than others to overfill, 1cm over is significant at least 1 litre possibly.

SUV tend to have more leeway for overfill given the all attitude operation. Just think what happened when you are on a 30 deg incline - where is the oil then ? My Rogue doesn't seem to car much and it may even LIKE a 0.5L overfill depending on oil thickness.

Is it easy enough to get the filter off and drain 1/2 litre? Maybe get a small gauge tygon tube and siphon some out?

OTW its back off the drain bung and let some go
frown.gif

I am not sure why the OP keeps agonizing over this issue. Just drain or suck out enough to bring the oil level down to the full line and be done with it.

I can be a pain - if you're OLDER and you just paid somebody else to do the job BC you don't have the time.

I used to do ALL my OCI. Now I do maybe 1/2 the Wifes and 90% of mine; Like out of eight OC in the Nissan, I've done seven of 'em myself.

Last edited:
This would bother me. Op, if you had someone else do the work take it back. I had that happen once on my Buick, took it back and they understood I wasn't happy so they removed some, they even had to add a little back because they removed to much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back