Chinese looking to buy FCA

Status
Not open for further replies.
35.gif

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

breath

HAHAHAAAAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAA

Sell it to them! Do it! We need to knock China down a peg or two, this is the perfect Trojan horse to give them.

We ended up getting our revenge for World War 2 (Wait, what? Shouldn't it have been the other way around? Oh well, USA, USA, USA) by costing Daimler and their monocled countrymen $40 cool billion with their disastrous union.

That would be awful if it were to happen.

Also, side note, I didn't know Pirelli was sold to the Chinese???!!!

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

Also, side note, I didn't know Pirelli was sold the Chinese???!!!

I don't even want to think about how they would try to pronounce Pirelli.

I agree, it wouldn't be good.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

For China.

They bought Volvo. They buy real estate like candy. Just have too much money and don't know what to do with it. I think it is a big problem and shouldn't be allowed, but won't be around long enough to see the outcome of all this.

Originally Posted By: L_Sludger
Originally Posted By: demarpaint

For China.

OK, if you think so.

Originally Posted By: goodtimes
They bought Volvo. They buy real estate like candy. Just have too much money and don't know what to do with it. I think it is a big problem and shouldn't be allowed, but won't be around long enough to see the outcome of all this.

Including pretty much all of Hawaii, and TONS and tons of land/buildings from British Columbia all the way down to the Mexican border.

This is probably a good thing for FCA - one thing the Chinese have, is deep pockets.

Right now they're so constrained, they had to completely drop small and midsized cars.

Does the US have too much national pride invested in Chrysler for this to happen? Does it really even matter seeing that they are owned by the Italians and incorporated in the Netherlands?

Originally Posted By: PimTac
Fiat has been trying to unload Chrysler for some time now. The shotgun marriage was doomed from the start.

They're not looking to sell only Chrysler. They're looking to sell the whole kit and kaboodle, Fiat, Chrysler, the whole nine yards.

My Dad had a 1949 Chrysler Windsor coupe and he mentioned many times that it was the best car he ever owned. It had a semi-auto transmission. Black paint. Had to sell it when he got married and children arrived.

That would be worth something today. If he were alive today he would be shaking his head at the state of Chrysler as it is now.

People are still buying Italian Jeeps but will they buy Chinese Jeeps? Everyone takes a shot at owning Jeep, why not the Chinese?

Imagine Ram pickups in China. Will they have to install booster seats?

The shotgun marriage killed Fiat. Attaching themselves to a boulder with hopes of expanding into the US market. It was a huge pipe dream.

Jeep fans are some of the most loyal around. This sale to Great Wall or whoever will kill the Jeep name.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
People are still buying Italian Jeeps but will they buy Chinese Jeeps? Everyone takes a shot at owning Jeep, why not the Chinese?

Imagine Ram pickups in China. Will they have to install booster seats?

I'd be in a Benz or Bimmer fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back