Need a Wall Outlet Adapter, But Can't Find It?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I'm asking the impossible here. Surely a major store would have this...?

I need an adapter that plugs into a standard wall outlet. It needs to be a single outlet in and out, and can NOT have any length of cord (to avoid 'daisy-chaining'), but it needs to turn 90° DOWN to the floor. It doesn't matter if the downward facing outlet is turned 0, 90, 180, or 270°, just as long as the bend turns 90° down to the floor. All I've been able to find is this, but I want to buy it local instead. I've tried using all the websites (Lowe's, Home Depot, Ace, Walmart, etc.), but nothing similar exists on their sites. All I find are countless left or right adapters, never down. Help? I'll be going to these stores today, but if their websites are correct, I'll leave empty handed...

Edit: This is going to have a corded surge protector plugged into it. To be clear, I am NOT trying to convert a 2-prong to a 3-prong. This outlet is one of the few in my house that is actually proper and grounded correctly. The surge protector's cord just sticks straight out from the wall and I wish to keep the cord against the wall to prevent snagging or tripping.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: skyactiv
This?
https://www.amazon.com/Lateral-Grounded-Globe-Electric-46505/dp/B007XQORTO
In theory, it would work. But would prefer a single outlet instead of 3, and again, local. But kudos, I didn't see that one.
thumbsup2.gif
(added to my last resort options) Thanks!

Good luck on the local availability. Most will only stock what sells and with computers that see sales trends many items end up going to special order. I wanted a 90 degree adapter for a wall mount tv and had to order.

You can buy a Hubbell right angle plug at Lowes, cut the standard plug off and replace it. I think on those the cord comes out parallel to the wall, "down" in the same direction as the ground pin.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: doitmyself
mk378 beat me to the punch: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Leviton-15-Am...6-ACS/300861765

http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=29265686&cp=2568443.2568454.1259126

Also, if available, check the commercial suppliers like Kendall, Graybar, Grainger,etc.. Hardware stores tend to be better than big box stores for odd stuff.
Z3yxuyfo5oy.JPG
pACE3-17510693enh-z7.jpg

was about to type this. You WANT to replace the plug, not add an adapter - esp in a high current application. Could you not get a surge protector with a right angle - or better yet replace existing duplex and add a surge protector outlet. have fun.

I was going to add a special home theatre circuit for my "hi Fi system" using metal clad 10/3 I also have a bunch of 230V 50hz subwoofer amps I was going to add a 220V circuit to the living room - haven't check code on that yet
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
You WANT to replace the plug, not add an adapter - esp in a high current application. Could you not get a surge protector with a right angle - or better yet replace existing duplex and add a surge protector outlet. have fun.

I was going to add a special home theatre circuit for my "hi Fi system" using metal clad 10/3 I also have a bunch of 230V 50hz subwoofer amps I was going to add a 220V circuit to the living room - haven't check code on that yet
smile.gif

Yeah a big plus one for ARCO here if its feasible.

Originally Posted By: Carbon

519TrdoL9AL._SX355_.jpg

Not acceptable?

^^^ This looks like the winner ^^^

I was thinking used "refrigerator cord" (these have a very flat plug) then add a good female to it.

Above are good choices.

But for future references, you can buy surge protectors that are already angled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back