Purolator PSL Synthetic media filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a number of these in parts #s suited to either Forester or the '12 Accord.
Would work on the '96 Accord for that matter, but these look so tiny next to the OEM sized oil filter.
Anyway, FWIU, these filters have a wire backed synthetic media so should be immune to the tearing that seemed to
plague many Purolator oil filters of similar vintage.
Anybody have any deep knowledge of these things and are there any cuts posted here? I couldn't find any.

I have used a couple PSL20195 filters. Both looked great other than the ADBV cuts from the inlet holes.

Here is one I cut last year

PSL20195

Last edited:
Thanks!
Looks decent but not awe-inspiring, just a little twisting and unevenness in the pleats with some tearing exposing the wire backing, which I wouldn't have expected. The ADBV is all cut up, but apparently worked as intended in use.
You note that you ran this filter for three short OCIs on your Saturn.
How many miles would that have been?
I'll use one of these for a 4K run after draining the FF from the newer Forester and I have one on the older Forester ATM, but I don't think I'd trust one for the 8-9K runs the MM on the newer Accord calls for, much less the two OCIs per FCI Honda recommends.
Since I bought these things on clearance for a buck each, I'm not in them for many dollars.

Hopefully the ADBV doesn't tear

Wouldn't be my choice in filters even if they were free.

Parts Plus, Premium Guard, FRAM ULTRA are better in my eyes
smile.gif

I've used one PSL24651 and had no problems, ADBV function was intact when removed for FCI. I have several more in my stash I plan to use. There are cut & posts here for that model number, both virgin & used IIRC.

Last edited:
That's encouraging, since I don't plan a 10K run with one of these.
I'd think that one of these things would be just fine for a 6-7K run.

Thank you!
A couple of threads I hadn't seen.
I'll have no qualms using the filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back