Basement Wiring Finished - Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally finished fixing up where the Utility Services enter the house.
Years ago I learned the best way was for each Service to have its own board,
and I was not going to give free-raine to anybody to put components where ever they wanted.
I wanted it like this for several years but had to wait for Verizon to install the Fiber Optic for Internet.

ABOVE: This is the Circuit Breaker Box with:
* Whole House Surge Protector / Siemens First Surge FS100
* Transfer Switch for Generator
I just finished installing the Surge Protector last Week. I choose this Model as it offers 100,000 amps protection.
Has (3) LED's 2 Green / 1 Red with Audiable Alarm
Ordered Online at Home Depot - Best price.

ABOVE RIGHT: This is Verizons Fiber Optic with:
* Battery Backup (to use phone during power outage)
* Voltage Meter for checking battery condition

ABOVE RIGHT: This is ADT Home Security System

ABOVE RIGHT: An empty board for 'future' use

Outside Electric Meter
* Light bulbs are fake.

I guess I'm kinda showing off, but also willing to hear suggestions.
Maybe this will give someone ideas if they wanted to do something similar.

OK, why are 2 Smoke Detectors under the ADT board ?
Because I don't use them anymore and their programmed into the software.
Their not used but have to be maintained / monitored.

Last edited:
Beautiful, Larry!
I wish you were near me. I have to hook up 3 phase stuff myself because the electricians won't bother with it. ( not my cup of tea)
As you said- label it right and it makes life a bunch easier- NICE!

Very nice. It is clear that you have put some real thought and planning into it.

My only critique would be, why red for the mounting boards? Working in industry most of my life, red is reserved for fire detection and suppression systems. Firefighters and emergency response personnel may be confused by the red panels.

Originally Posted By: BHopkins
Very nice. It is clear that you have put some real thought and planning into it.

My only critique would be, why red for the mounting boards? Working in industry most of my life, red is reserved for fire detection and suppression systems. Firefighters and emergency response personnel may be confused by the red panels.

OP here,

Thanks. That makes sense.
In my next-life, I will do it in Gray.

Or if I ever help someone do something similar, I will suggest gray.

Very nice job.I'll send you my address to do mine next please.Love nice neat work, something that is very hard to find these days.

Looks good, nice contrasting colours.
The most envious part of your setup has got to be that analog power meter. Wish we could go back to those...

Very nice installation.

I agree with the above comments about the red.

Why do you think it is better to have individual boards vs. having a single plywood slab on the wall, but still organizing your equipment to look nice?

Outlet is upside down....
27.gif

That looks great, some real skills, there. I can replace an old outlet or replace a worn out light switch and that is about the extent of my home electrical skills. Can do minor repairs in home and most vehicle maintenance , but when it comes to home electrical or exhaust work on vehicles I end up calling the pros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back