Cleaned MAF sensor and Throttle Body

Status
Not open for further replies.
And wow! What I thought was a spark plug induced stumble on cold start and idle is GONE! Idling smooth as glass and everything about driving the car has improved. Engine is smoother at all RPM and shifts are smoother as well.

If you have a high mileage vehicle it is worth spending the $8 at Walmart for the CRC throttle body cleaner and MAF cleaner. It took me about 30 min to pull the airbox, remove the MAF, spray it out and set it aside to dry while I pulled the throttle body and cleaned it out. Reassembled everything and got a funky start because of leftover throttle body cleaner and it settled into the smoothest idle it has had since I bought it.

Not a gimmick!

That is a fine product and works well, used some a few months ago on our daughter's 02 corolla high school car, it was having slow throttle response and pausing while accelerating and this cleared it up. The MAF sensor did not look dirty or grimy, but apparently they can have gunk that you cannot see. A few sprays and let it dry and done, runs like a champ. Super easy and cheap, since it is a 2 pack I cleaned the TB as well. have used product for years but only recently noticed the 2 pack. The 2 pack is cheap enough, I do it every couple of years on our other vehicles. A shop would probably charge $100.00 to do that task. The way I look at it, it is only about $8.00, so that saves me $92.00 that I can spend for other household essentials like beer and ammo.

If your throttle body is bare metal with no special coating, you can use regular carb cleaner. However, I take the throttle body off the engine and remove all the sensors before cleaning.

For even more positive benefits run the engine and spray the throttle body cleaner in there, It goes over the valves and pistons and removes a bit of carbon. Need the BIG can though and use it all up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back