BITOG on iPhone/Android/Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is everyone posting from their phones? I have other forums that use Tapatalk and Garagetalk, but nothing for BITOG.

Any ideas, other than using a mobile web browser?

I can't bear to read long threads or type in long posts on a mobile device (iphone 6s+). I'll wait until I get home so I can view and post on BITOG with my 4k monitor and my clickity-clackity keyboard.

Last edited:
Ive never understood mobile versions of forums. On my iphones, going all the way back to model 3, the regular "desktop" version has always been perfect. Never had a need for tapatalk as a result. Just more se to have to hassle with.

I'm glad there's no mobile version or tapatalk prompt for bitog.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
I only post using Safari on my iPhone and iPad. Works great.

Same here.

No issues at all.

I've thought many of times about writing an app for this. It's A LOT OF WORK and a 1-man team would take awhile...

The easiest way of creating an "app" is creating a placeholder(app) for the safari webkit or android files( aka browser in app). Some simple overrides of hiding frivilous columns like recent topics, all those columns except the subject would make it far more readable.

Unfortunately the layout is tables circa 1995 which means a bit harder to cleanly hack what the site returns.

I use it on my phone (iPhone6S, iOS 11.0) and it works OK. I never use any kind of APP to post to a forum. I frankly don’t see the point in using an APP to do what the web browser will do.

This forum software is IMO archaic and BITOG does not even appear to be on the latest version. Pretty much EVERY other forum software platform serves a better mobil version, but still I’ve never had much problem posting to BITOG from my phone, though if I have much to say I will wait till I can get to my computer.

I do really wish they would move to a different more modern software platform.

BITOG is decent from my iPhone 6 plus. I just hate the fact that I have to login every time I want to make a post - it doesnt remember my username and password so I have to type 'louisville sludger' in every single session.

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
I use it on my phone (iPhone6S, iOS 11.0) and it works OK. I never use any kind of APP to post to a forum. I frankly don’t see the point in using an APP to do what the web browser will do.

This forum software is IMO archaic and BITOG does not even appear to be on the latest version. Pretty much EVERY other forum software platform serves a better mobil version, but still I’ve never had much problem posting to BITOG from my phone, though if I have much to say I will wait till I can get to my computer.

I do really wish they would move to a different more modern software platform.

Frankly I hate the "superior" mobile forums from other more up to date sites... this works and is clean. I always opt out to "classic" view on the sites with enhanced mobile view and similar versions.

Using an LG Android, no problem posting or readind but it's much easier on my desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back