Honest use car dealership???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure I'd call that being brutally honest. How about just realistic? If you really wanted to be brutally honest, you should be able to list 50-100 significant flaws on that car. Maybe 200. I've done that a few times when selling personal cars...listing every flaw or defect I am aware so that anyone taking an hour drive to see me won't say I held something back. My 2002 daily driver with 77K miles, I know I can list 50 flaws easy.

The rust on that car is so obvious how could you not mention it? I'd be willing to bet that dealer left out numerous items on the true condition of that car. And we all know that for used car dealers....being totally honest is not the way to riches.

I've bought a dozen or more used cars from dealerships in my time. I cannot think of one time that they were completely honest on the car's condition...the worst being a transmission that was near end of life at 55K miles. The last time was when I bought my current 2002 daily driver. Their description was pretty accurate though for a 22K mile car. The only thing I found on the test drive was a wind noise around the windshield/dash/roof area. So I had that written into the sales contract. Turned out to be the windshield was improperly sealed and I had a new one installed on their dime, not mine. You'd have thought an experienced car dealer would have picked up on obvious wind noise.

They left the check engine light on (read the facebook ad as it flies by) which is actually pretty honest.

If you want a really honest dealership, you could search for Big Bill Cars on YouTube. Bill's last name, a four letter synonym for perdition, is censored, and the video uses foul language so if you watch that video, please do so when nobody is home, turn on a fan, run the sink, flush the toilet, turn on the shower and put your headphones on too - so that the surveillance bug in the wall wouldn't hear the language in the ad, either. If you have an air compressor, table top saw or cheap angle grinder, now's the time to turn them on too. Unplug your smart TV from power and toss the remote somewhere very far away. Some remotes have microphones built in now. Then carefully toss a blanket over the screen so that the ad's visual elements, which also contain written profanity, do not catch the eye of any video surveillance devices either. This is, of course, after you've shrunk the window down to 1/4 size so that only you can see it by squinting up close. Oh, and leave your phone in the mailbox too, with the battery removed.
(I mentioned this ad once before, years ago, in very hushed and veiled terms. Even then, I still got warned by management that if I had indeed linked to the ad in question, I would have been erased from existence as far as the site is concerned)

Originally Posted By: eljefino
They left the check engine light on (read the facebook ad as it flies by) which is actually pretty honest.

I would consider it very unethical, if not criminal to not mention a CEL or worse yet, disable it. Again, I call that being reasonable, not an entry to sainthood. It any used car dealer was BRUTALLY honest, they would have a very hard time selling any of their cars.

Originally Posted By: L_Sludger
If you want a really honest dealership, you could search for Big Bill Cars on YouTube. Bill's last name, a four letter synonym for perdition, is censored, and the video uses foul language so if you watch that video, please do so when nobody is home, turn on a fan, run the sink, flush the toilet, turn on the shower and put your headphones on too - so that the surveillance bug in the wall wouldn't hear the language in the ad, either. If you have an air compressor, table top saw or cheap angle grinder, now's the time to turn them on too. Unplug your smart TV from power and toss the remote somewhere very far away. Some remotes have microphones built in now. Then carefully toss a blanket over the screen so that the ad's visual elements, which also contain written profanity, do not catch the eye of any video surveillance devices either. This is, of course, after you've shrunk the window down to 1/4 size so that only you can see it by squinting up close. Oh, and leave your phone in the mailbox too, with the battery removed.
(I mentioned this ad once before, years ago, in very hushed and veiled terms. Even then, I still got warned by management that if I had indeed linked to the ad in question, I would have been erased from existence as far as the site is concerned)

Haha I just watched one of them,I was laughing so hard I was crying!!
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back