mobil I annual

Status
Not open for further replies.
just heard about the mobil I annual oil, been lookin for specs, different base oils or just more additives??

From the other thread it seems like the consensus is that Mobil 1 AP is probably just AFE with better anti-oxidants and possibly a higher percentage of PAO and/or Ester base oil.

IMO it's just a bit of marketing hype, plain old Mobil 1 has worked well for years for most people. I'll stick with 10k mile intervals and watch for sales and rebates to stock the shelf.

It's just collecting dust at my local WM, despite all the tv ads.
Sitting along side the Royal Purple.
At some point I think Mobil will have to cut the price significantly.

Originally Posted By: nascarnation
It's just collecting dust at my local WM, despite all the tv ads.
Sitting along side the Royal Purple.
At some point I think Mobil will have to cut the price significantly.

It's already under $40 a jug at walmart. It makes my Mobil 1 EP lower cost at $25 a jug.

I'll stick to M1 for our 2014 Tacoma and HM for the older car/truck. Both are $23/jug at WM and like everyone said, the AP sits on the shelf collecting dust but funny here in Hawaii where everything costs an arm and a leg, my local WM can't keep Royal Purple stocked on the shelf long enough before the next shipment.

Originally Posted By: userfriendly
Some companies sell oil, while others, the oil change interval.

And normally in the fine print, it reads that you are advised to follow the manufacturer's stated OCI for warranty purposes. This is so the oil companies can get out of claims for failed engines and such for people overextending the OCI beyond what the manufacturer stated in the vehicle manual. Why stuff like Exxon and Amsoil are doing with extended OCI's really bothers the heck out of me. They should at least advise customers to get a UOA before determining if their car can go that distance, maybe even offer some kind of rebate towards the next oil change to customers for doing the UOA to prove the oil's as excellent as the company claims. But, I understand 90% of drivers are too lazy to do that, anyway, just a warm fuzzy idea is all! Lol

The average age of cars in the USA =11+ years - so a huge number can't be under warranty (like your signature & mine) - not sure if that's the part they got wrong - most still point to the price and a number get hung up on the 15k to 20k thing when they have no desire to drive either. When the price is right - I'd use it to step up my own comfort level to a new OCI - but it would surely not be 20k right away ... (and I don't run M1 EP 15k in the mean time) ...

Originally Posted By: anndel
I'll stick to M1 for our 2014 Tacoma and HM for the older car/truck. Both are $23/jug at WM and like everyone said, the AP sits on the shelf collecting dust but funny here in Hawaii where everything costs an arm and a leg, my local WM can't keep Royal Purple stocked on the shelf long enough before the next shipment.

Royal Purple is marketing genius. Put purple dye in oil, get followers. Sad, but true. There is one born every minute to buy that.

Mobil 1 Annual Protection marketing is based on real patents by Exxon-Mobil over the years.
https://mobiloil.com/en/article/why-the-...-tested-results
If their anti-aging (antioxidant package) really does perform well, then they do have a great product.

The only question is How to use M1 Annual Protection? People with expensive, nice engines, might want to simply buy the best, and that is a market segment.
Another part of the market is people who drive a lot and want to go the 20k miles between changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back