What Brand of Mufflers are Most Stock Like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like I may be replacing the muffler on my 2002 4Runner. The OEM costs about $425. That's a little too steep for me. What are some high quality muffler companies that make stock sounding mufflers? The muffler shops around me seem to stock inexpensive mufflers..

I want a high quality muffler. Any suggestions?

Walker Quiet Flow, a stainless steel muffler with a lifetime warranty
smile.gif

[qu lbote=HoosierJeeper]What a consensus lol. Never seen anything like that before. [/quote]

Especially here
smile.gif

Decision made. I'm concerned if I get it from Rock Auto that it will be all dented up upon arrival.

Originally Posted By: Gebo
Decision made. I'm concerned if I get it from Rock Auto that it will be all dented up upon arrival.

If a muffler can survive under a car, exposed to all the hazards of being on the road, it will probably survive being shipped in a box to your home.

Originally Posted By: javacontour

If a muffler can survive under a car, exposed to all the hazards of being on the road, it will probably survive being shipped in a box to your home.

My brother works for UPS. I have never been run over by a fork lift on the road.

That's all I will say about that.
smile.gif

Last edited:
I've ordered mufflers online a few times, and I even ordered a couple resonators with the really long pipes, and they all arrived in good condition
smile.gif

Gotten a Walker from them in the past. It was fine, it was in a heavy cardboard box. Don't forget the 5% off code, should make up for the shipping a little. I always use a commercial work address so the pricing seems to go down a bit at checkout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back