Carquest Red R84502

Status
Not open for further replies.
This came off our '12 Jeep Liberty, little over 3300 miles on this filter. Engine oil while this filter was in use was Valvoline Conventional 5w20. Recently developed a start-up rattle after sitting a couple days. The date code was wore off unfortunately, probably due to removal because it is in the most asinine location imaginable. Replaced with a Napa Gold 7504 and Pennzoil Platinum 5w30.

wL8aYBg.jpg

zjyHHG3.jpg

ZJbmtSz.jpg

KI5eqaf.jpg

6Wt7JH7.jpg

HRPraUw.jpg

HWd5tXE.jpg

Originally Posted By: Kira
Did the start-up rattle go away?

Too early to tell. Just changed it out as of 9 this morning.

The 3.7s get start up rattle a lot. Fram TG worked great with mine, right now running a Wix and so far so good. Purolators ALWAYS did it...

The oil filter location on these isn't too bad. I get mine from under. My WK I got from the top. Do you have the dual fans?

Originally Posted By: HoosierJeeper
The 3.7s get start up rattle a lot. Fram TG worked great with mine, right now running a Wix and so far so good. Purolators ALWAYS did it...

The oil filter location on these isn't too bad. I get mine from under. My WK I got from the top. Do you have the dual fans?

Just the single big electric. We really enjoy the truck, while we loved the Expedition, the Jeep is more versatile. We put a good set of tires on it so hopefully will be decent in the smow. Filter location isn't as bad as I thought, but not as easy as I like. Luckily the dealer didn't full gorilla the filter on there.

I have had to drive a screwdriver through a spin on filter to gain enough leverage to remove it . :-(

If you put a bag over the filter before taking it off, that helps a lot on these.

With good tires it'll be unstoppable in the snow!

Originally Posted By: Delta
Originally Posted By: HoosierJeeper

Just the single big electric. We really enjoy the truck, while we loved the Expedition, the Jeep is more versatile. We put a good set of tires on it so hopefully will be decent in the smow. Filter location isn't as bad as I thought, but not as easy as I like. Luckily the dealer didn't full gorilla the filter on there.

Yeah, they are a royal pain to get to as we had them in our fleet. Thanks for the c&p sir
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Delta
This came off our '12 Jeep Liberty, little over 3300 miles on this filter. Engine oil while this filter was in use was Valvoline Conventional 5w20. Recently developed a start-up rattle after sitting a couple days. The date code was wore off unfortunately, probably due to removal because it is in the most asinine location imaginable. Replaced with a Napa Gold 7504 and Pennzoil Platinum 5w30.

wL8aYBg.jpg

zjyHHG3.jpg

ZJbmtSz.jpg

KI5eqaf.jpg

6Wt7JH7.jpg

HRPraUw.jpg

HWd5tXE.jpg

This filter has a nitrile rubber ADBV. I think you would be better served with a filter that has a silicone ADBV.

The nitrile hardens with time at temperature and then does not seal correctly.

Silicone lasts much longer at temperature than does nitrile.

Hope this helps.

The NAPA Gold you put on should solve this issue.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: WyrTwister
Around here , I think Advance Auto Parts bought out Car Quest .
Advance Auto Parts bought out carquest a couple years ago. Nationwide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back