My Grandaughter Captures YMCA National Record

Status
Not open for further replies.
She is now the YMCA national champ in the 50 meter back and the 50 free. Will be swimming for the University of Tenn. She leaves in one week.

Got a new Ford and a grandkid winning a national contest. Heckuva summer Tig1. Congrats.

Congratulations !!!
She must be a hard worker.

You would be proud of her and with good reason. UTK is a good Uni, a friend of mine lectures there and does some work near by at Oak Ridge.

What is she studying ?

banana2.gif
34.gif
thumbsup2.gif
01.gif

Congrats! Swimming is a very difficult sport. Takes lots of dedication from both the athlete and often the parent(s) to get the kids to the pool early in the morning to train.

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
Originally Posted By: fields
Congrats-maybe we will see her in the future!

+1

She did swim in the Olympic trials last summer but didn't make the team. Still amazing for a girl that was only one month into her 17th year.

Thanks for the positive comments. Bailey does have an amazing work ethic, both with her swimming and studies. She is getting a very good scholarship.

Originally Posted By: SR5
Congratulations !!!
She must be a hard worker.

You would be proud of her and with good reason. UTK is a good Uni, a friend of mine lectures there and does some work near by at Oak Ridge.

What is she studying ?

Perhaps pre-med.

Originally Posted By: tig1

Perhaps pre-med.

Nice, my mate teachers metallurgy and material science.

A lof of female Olympic swimmers in Australia win gold at about 20 to 26 age wise, so if she is showing good form at 17 then she is on an excellent trajectory.

Good Luck to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back