1st long trip with the 2017 Fusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back from Florida last night. The 2017 Fusion performed very well. I was very pleased with the 36.6 MPG I got with Interstate driving. I drove at about 73 MPH with the AC on. We had a lot of luggage, and we did vary from I 75 to visit family in Columbus GA. From Columbus we drove up to Birmingham, AL on state Rt 280 which isn't good for mileage.
The engine oil level didn't drop off the full mark, and this new Fusion has the electric power steering, which performs very well. Nice trip.

Tig: does it look like the OLM will take you out to your normal 10k OCI ?
My Fords will not - but we make a bunch of short trips ...

Great report , thanks .

We debated buying a used 2012 to 2016 Fusion or Focus .

Was worried about the Ford dual clutch transmission problems , which I think are used in the Focus and the Fiesta .

I likes the Fusion better because it was a little larger & I think , did not use the dual clutch transmission .

Ended up buying a 2006 Buick Lacross CX 3.8l V-6 with 37,000 + miles for half the price or less . Looks to be in 90% - 95 % condition . Does not get as good of gas mileage as you report . :-(

But , we purchased it for the extra room .

Best of luck , :)
Wyr
God bless

Which engine, Tig? I have the 1.5l Ecoboost. Overall I love this car so far. The only thing that irks me at times is the excessive body roll.

My father has a 2016 as a company car and it hasn't been pretty. Just curious, why'd you chose a Ford sedan over Honda or Toyota?

Originally Posted By: planeman223
My father has a 2016 as a company car and it hasn't been pretty. Just curious, why'd you chose a Ford sedan over Honda or Toyota?

Because he has tons of positive experience with them. Just look at his signature.

Originally Posted By: Greggy_D
Which engine, Tig? I have the 1.5l Ecoboost. Overall I love this car so far. The only thing that irks me at times is the excessive body roll.

I think he said before he had the 2.5.

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant

Because he has tons of positive experience with them. Just look at his signature.

Very true. Also I haven't owned anything but Fords for 32 years, and have had very good results with them. There has been one Honda and one Toyota in the Family(not mine) and both have been junk.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Brons2

Yes it's the 2.5 NA engine. I would not own a Ecoboost. Also I haven't noticed excess body roll.

Originally Posted By: 4WD
Tig: does it look like the OLM will take you out to your normal 10k OCI ?
My Fords will not - but we make a bunch of short trips ...

I have only put 3K on the car, but will ignore the OLM and do my 10K OCIs as is my normal.

Originally Posted By: tig1

Very true. Also I haven't owned anything but Fords for 32 years, and have had very good results with them. There has been one Honda and one Toyota in the Family(not mine) and both have been junk.

Holy smokes! Well that's one [censored] of an argument I wish you the best of luck with the new one.

Ok - I suggest you use Mobil 1
12.gif

Originally Posted By: 4WD
Ok - I suggest you use Mobil 1
12.gif

AWWWWWWWW,

I'm so dissapointed...

I thought you're going to say Mobile2 :p

P.S. Tig1, A pleasure like always....

Holy smokes! Well that's one [censored] of an argument I wish you the best of luck with the new one.

Thanks. If the 2017 is as reliable as the 2007, then all will be well.

Yes it's the 2.5 NA engine. I would not own a Ecoboost. Also I haven't noticed excess body roll.

Just wondering, what is it about the Ecoboost engines you don't like ? Thanks

I was driving one of our fleet Fusion 2.5s yesterday.
It is now around 2600 miles and showed a lifetime average of 30.4 mpg, which I thought was really good in mixed use with a variety of drivers.
The remaining new 2017s with the 2.5 are pretty cheap and may represent one of the best buys out there in a midsize sedan, especially for those who don't need the rear seat room or trunk space of an Accord.
The current Fusion does have a very European feel to it, unlike earlier generations of the model.

Originally Posted By: hemitruck

Just wondering, what is it about the Ecoboost engines you don't like ? Thanks

Ecoboost has the DI, a very expensive fuel pump system, and 3-5 MPG less than the 2.5 I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back