Massive Fire Destroys 150 Classic Cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
vader.jpg

You hear about this kind of thing from time to time. Very heartbreaking. I remember about 30 years ago when Reggie Jackson's collection of classics and rods were destroyed by fire. You have to wonder how these fires get started.

While truly sad and unfortunate, this is not uncommon. I thought fire sprinklers would be required in warehouses storing cars with flammable liquids; especially high dollar collector cars.

Originally Posted By: chainblu
Very heartbreaking. I remember about 30 years ago when Reggie Jackson's collection of classics and rods were destroyed by fire.

Yes, very heartbreaking.

It's getting to the point where it's not going to be a good idea to keep so many Under One Roof anymore

Originally Posted By: Kool1
While truly sad and unfortunate, this is not uncommon. I thought fire sprinklers would be required in warehouses storing cars with flammable liquids; especially high dollar collector cars.

The fact that there were no fire hydrants in the area should tell you the capability of whatever sprinkler system they had.

That simply will not happen with a good one. The pipe for our system is a full 2 feet in diameter. I've seen similar systems go off. You're shin deep in water in a matter of moments.

Unfortunately, this property suffered from a pathetic fire control system. He should have had the big CO2 blasters or something similar.

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
Originally Posted By: Kool1

The fact that there were no fire hydrants in the area should tell you the capability of whatever sprinkler system they had.

That simply will not happen with a good one. The pipe for our system is a full 2 feet in diameter. I've seen similar systems go off. You're shin deep in water in a matter of moments.

Unfortunately, this property suffered from a pathetic fire control system. He should have had the big CO2 blasters or something similar.

The location of the property is in the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back