.22lr aquila brand ammo

Status
Not open for further replies.
It works great - but is stinky!

Ahhh, I *LOVE* the smell of good ol Winchester Super X, takes me back to my childhood

I don't know what's in the powder Aguila uses, but it works.... It just smells like seagull poo

I don't own any other than the 60gr SSS ammo - that stuff is absolutely amazing!

stink is = it uses ELEY priming process (aguila bought ELEY's old manual production equip along with right to use original eley priming...)

good stuff for the price.

I use the Agilla .22 target for silhouette matches, works great at 200 meters knocking down the steel.

Originally Posted By: Panzerman
As good as any, better than many. I'd take it over Remington Thunderbolt ammo.

Anything is better than thunderbolts.

Never had problems any of their ammo. Some of it can be a little dirty, but that can be said for many different loadings in various brands. It is generally good ammo.

Originally Posted By: Slick17601
Target Sports USA has Aguila for $24.99 per brick with free shipping if you buy a case.

Yea..which means you have to buy 10 boxes to get free shipping

If you can get free shipping on Internet ordered ammo, that's a definite plus. (Assuming it actually is "free", and not a jacked up price to also cover the "free" shipping costs). If you buy locally you'll pay tax. Where I'm at that can run 9.3%. So if the price is good, and the shipping is free, you can save a lot. As opposed to a "walk in and buy" scenario.

I have used Aguila Colibri and Super Colibri a lot. These are 22lr cases with a 20 grain conical bullet and have no powder in them. That's right, propelled by the Eley primer charge only. Velocities of around 400 fps and 600 for the Super, fired from a short barreled rifle. Very useful around the house or property where even a .22 report could cause problems. Very quiet; even quieter than my air rifles. They don't have much downrange energy, obviously, and wont cycle a semi-auto. They also usually don't feed reliably in a pump or mag-fed bolt action.

For what it's worth if anyone is interested, Cabela's has Aguila copper plated High Velocity L.R. ammo on sale for $25.49 for a brick of 500 starting today. 40 Grain, 1,255 FPS velocity. I think I'll scoot over this morning and grab a couple of bricks. Can't ever have too much rimfire ammo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back