QuantamBlue 3614 Oil Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
This fits the Fram 3614 applications- FL910s Etc.
Base plate holes are super slick. At $14 each I have my own thoughts on these
smile.gif

Hi Adam
smile.gif

For the price it's really got tough competition in the XG3614 for about 60% of the price or the FPS3614 at about half the price. Any specs on these? Any idea COO or who puts them together?

Definitely looks WIX made. Price too high to compete with others on the market, even if the efficiency is stellar.

Excepting the "QuantamBlue" label, 'appears' identical to Wix/Napa Gold, specifically the 5/1348 to me. At $14, I think not. Get the Napa Gold 1348 for ~$3.75 at local Napa twice yearly 40% off sale.

There have been other threads on them here before but I think that's the first time one has been cut open.

Yet another "super duper" filter with no ISO filtration data, but instead a goofy website full of inaccuracies and a tome of silly statements about their other products. Good to know the base plate holes are super slick, you should send that to them for the Testimonials page.

I hope you didn't pay for it.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
This filter is from the 5W-25 guys, right?

Indeed, and not only that, it gets better:

Quote:
Available in 1 Gallon bottles only: 5w20, 5w25, 7.5w23, 8w35, 10w35, 12.5w32,12.5w35, 12.5w37, 12.5w40, 15w45, 16.3w37.5, 17.5w45, 20w35

Lmao. They are full of it and don't even appear to know how full.

Brian at BND is a supplier to the armed forces of aerospace lubricants and really interesting military equipment lubes. Highly specialized stuff with completely proprietary technology.

So he buys a WIX filter and marks it up for a profit? I know money is an evil thing around here, but some of the stuff these guys make is absolutely their own and highly effective. Like the ACES IV fuel treatment with solid lubricants in it. Knocks KR out immediately in higher performing cars.

So they don't have slick webpages. Learn to look a little deeper. Why don't you naysayers pick up a phone and call him? he loves to explain what they do, and they do some really cool things there...

Sorry, you and I usually agree on things but any company that advertises they sell oil in 5w25, 7.5w23, 8w35, 10w35, 12.5w32,12.5w35, 12.5w37, 12.5w40, 15w45, 16.3w37.5, 17.5w45 and 20w35 grades is seriously divorced from reality.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Brian at BND is a supplier to the armed forces of aerospace lubricants and really interesting military equipment lubes. Highly specialized stuff with completely proprietary technology.

So he buys a WIX filter and marks it up for a profit? I know money is an evil thing around here, but some of the stuff these guys make is absolutely their own and highly effective. Like the ACES IV fuel treatment with solid lubricants in it. Knocks KR out immediately in higher performing cars.

So they don't have slick webpages. Learn to look a little deeper. Why don't you naysayers pick up a phone and call him? he loves to explain what they do, and they do some really cool things there...

It doesn't matter that he is a poor marketer, he makes a great oil. In his own facility. The important thing to remember with him is you can call their number and most of the time HE ANSWERS IT!

Try that with M1 or any oil on the shelf at a store.

He blended the lube for my 14 RAM 8 speed ZF gearbox, and has decades of experience serving the Audi community.

Quote:
...So he buys a WIX filter and marks it up for a profit?...

No problem here. As implied just not going to make a profit from me on this filter. As long as all are fully informed about what the filter really is, it's their money to spend as they wish.

In my observation, the topic filter is a rebadged Wix/Napa Gold filter.

I mean, we've talked about this before. Maybe his oils are great. They certainly might be; heck, they probably are. I also personally have nothing against him slapping a sticker on a Wix and selling it. It's a fine filter and it makes good business sense.

But making up oil grades that "make more sense" to the ignorant just doesn't sit right. Why not just call the oils what they are and explain them?

You may be able to call him directly, but the Mobil I just bought has Porsche A40 printed on the back - I don't need to call them.

Originally Posted By: kschachn
There have been other threads on them here before but I think that's the first time one has been cut open.

Yet another "super duper" filter with no ISO filtration data, but instead a goofy website full of inaccuracies and a tome of silly statements about their other products. Good to know the base plate holes are super slick, you should send that to them for the Testimonials page.

I hope you didn't pay for it.

I did pay for it and I would hope to see some appreciation for the education instead of snide remarks and selfish attitudes.
I mean seriously people. Not one "Thank You" yet!
And kschachn here is another vendor you can hate on in your spare time.........

https://www.hks-power.co.jp/en/product/oil/index.html

Originally Posted By: FlyNavyP3
For the price it's really got tough competition in the XG3614 for about 60% of the price or the FPS3614 at about half the price. Any specs on these? Any idea COO or who puts them together?

If you want some specs I have an old email I could PM you. Thanks for being respectful. I appreciate it!

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
You may be able to call him directly, but the Mobil I just bought has Porsche A40 printed on the back - I don't need to call them.

It also has an API grade of 0W-40 printed on the front, which you don't have to call them up about either.

I'll take technical accuracy any day over a goofy website, anyone that doesn't think it is goofy just needs to read it.

Nope, you all just buy in to the standard glitzy ad page that says what they know you want to hear. None of the big oil producers are going to tell you anything meaningful about their products, just professional sounding hullaballoo. And the masses will eat it up. I've read his entire site, I even suggested to him that he straighten it up a bit. He could care less, he's busy.

Step outside your box to get something different. Or just buy what appeals to you. I don't buy his oil, but I do use his fuel additive. It's really a unique additive, yet it's not marketed well.

Duh, the guy is an engineer not a salesman...

Well that's completely untrue and exactly backwards to the BND website.

First off, the major oil companies give you an actual API grade designation so you can determine which grade is appropriate for your engine. After that they show which approvals the oils have (granted some manufacturer's have difficulty with that part), but most of the majors clearly tell you which specifications the oil meets. That is probably more important than the grade. Out of those two what exactly am I (as part of the masses) "eating up" exactly? That the oil is the proper grade and specification for my engine?

I'll also disagree with your assessment that the website is the result of an engineer as opposed to a salesman. I think that is exactly backwards too, no engineer that knows anything about specifications would make a website like that.

My opinion of course.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Nope, you all just buy in to the standard glitzy ad page that says what they know you want to hear. None of the big oil producers are going to tell you anything meaningful about their products, just professional sounding hullaballoo. And the masses will eat it up. I've read his entire site, I even suggested to him that he straighten it up a bit. He could care less, he's busy.

Step outside your box to get something different. Or just buy what appeals to you. I don't buy his oil, but I do use his fuel additive. It's really a unique additive, yet it's not marketed well.

Duh, the guy is an engineer not a salesman...

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant

I did pay for it and I would hope to see some appreciation for the education instead of snide remarks and selfish attitudes. I mean seriously people. Not one "Thank You" yet!

I suppose.

"thank you" simply didn't come in to my mind....
I read the first post and immediately felt sorry for you that you spent $14 on a wix.

Just my humble opinion.
49.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back