2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
Link to official release from Jeep here.

So, basically it is the Hellcat drivetrain in the Grand Cherokee. The same difference between the Charger/Challenger SRT's and their Hellcat siblings.

- 707HP/645lb-ft
- 0-60 in 3.5 seconds

Front fascia and rear valance are slightly changed from the SRT version and the quad exhaust sets it apart from the regular SRT out back.

Trackhawk_4.jpg.image.1440.jpg

Trackhawk_Gallery5.jpg.image.1440.jpg

Can't wait to test drive it! My dealer will have one as soon as they are available.

What if a person was to buy that and then drive around town at 35mph and then go on the freeway and set the cruise control at 55mph ?
grin2.gif

An endeavor in confliction. Designed from the ground up to be superior in it's class for off-roading and utility with decent road manners so sure why not work to produce a package that adapts the vehicle to a polar opposite mission-- on a race track. Engineering time and effort would be better spent refining some of their other vehicles that are struggling to compete in their class, instead of developing a mongrel package for one of their class leaders.

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
Engineering time and effort would be better spent refining some of their other vehicles that are struggling to compete in their class, instead of developing a mongrel package for one of their class leaders.

That's what a company circling the drain does. Mopar has 0 innovation and their sales in all but Ram is tanking so they have to do something. A whole lot cheaper to put out these crazy cars to a limited audience than actually engineer something and fix quality and what not. But that would take a culture change, something Chrysler has never done in their, what 80 years of existence. It builds buzz but will be sold in very limited quantities and really doesn't do much to change a company's image or get people to buy vehicles.

Sure it's cool they can get a turd to go 0-60 in 3.9 secs but at the end of the day its just another POS Mopar.

Haw. Always love to hear the extreme bias from our resident MOPAR basher! BTW, RAM is tied with the majors in the latest JDP survey! Hahahaha, such bias is ridiculous. Always makes me wonder why so much emotion? Around here we buy what we like, and SRT vehicles are almost always entertaining. Did Chrysler steal this guy's wife or something?

Now for the real story. This new SRT vehicle is designed to build buzz, and it will. These also sell at full retail, something very few cars from ANY mfgr do.

The only reason these cars/trucks exist is to build brand awareness and to make money. This one will easily do both. No real enthusiast cares about the rest of Chrysler's line up.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Link to official release from Jeep here.

So, basically it is the Hellcat drivetrain in the Grand Cherokee. The same difference between the Charger/Challenger SRT's and their Hellcat siblings.

- 707HP/645lb-ft
- 0-60 in 3.5 seconds

Front fascia and rear valance are slightly changed from the SRT version and the quad exhaust sets it apart from the regular SRT out back.

Trackhawk_4.jpg.image.1440.jpg

Trackhawk_Gallery5.jpg.image.1440.jpg

Can't wait to test drive it! My dealer will have one as soon as they are available.

Yep, gorgeous and quick on its feet. Like most SRT vehicles it will have fantastic braking and cornering stats as well. LOVE the new exhaust!

get us some first impressions when you see it in the flesh/steel/whatever!

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
Quote:
707HP/645lb-ft
- 0-60 in 3.5 seconds

A perfect 401 commuter
lol.gif

LOL. 0 to sit in traffic in 0 seconds. you'd have to take the 407 just because if you got one of these

I love all the haters condemning Chysler Dodge for building cars and selling them. You hear the overpriced gimmick cars, fad cars etc..
The same people go out and buy $60,000+ dollar BMW and Range Rovers and then condemn Dodge.
I think the Dodge Challengers and Chargers are a much better deal than a Lincoln or Cadillac for alot less and certainly a better price than a car like Mercedes Benz that you can't even service yourself and is worthless once it's out of warranty because the repairs don't make ownership viable.
I see no lack of Dodges on the roadway.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Haw. Always love to hear the extreme bias from our resident MOPAR basher! BTW, RAM is tied with the majors in the latest JDP survey! Hahahaha, such bias is ridiculous.

Yeah one of the many Mopar brands, the name that has been building the same thing for the past, what 8 years. The rest, including Jeep are at the bottom.

Originally Posted By: Panzerman
I love all the haters condemning Chysler Dodge for building cars and selling them. You hear the overpriced gimmick cars, fad cars etc..
The same people go out and buy $60,000+ dollar BMW and Range Rovers and then condemn Dodge.
I think the Dodge Challengers and Chargers are a much better deal than a Lincoln or Cadillac for alot less and certainly a better price than a car like Mercedes Benz that you can't even service yourself and is worthless once it's out of warranty because the repairs don't make ownership viable.

I highly doubt someone who is in the market for a luxury sedan would consider Dodge...regardless that you feel it is a better deal.

+1

In my area, I could throw a rock and probably hit 20 Grand Cherokees in a row. They are extremely popular around here, there are 4 of them on my street alone. If you drive down to the local country club, you will actually find that many of the Range Rovers, BMW X5s and Benz have been replaced with Grand Cherokee Overland Summits.

Originally Posted By: Rolla07

I highly doubt someone who is in the market for a luxury sedan would consider Dodge...regardless that you feel it is a better deal.

I went from a BMW M5 to the Charger, to the Jeep in my sig. It happens.

Originally Posted By: jeepman3071

+1

In my area, I could throw a rock and probably hit 20 Grand Cherokees in a row. They are extremely popular around here, there are 4 of them on my street alone. If you drive down to the local country club, you will actually find that many of the Range Rovers, BMW X5s and Benz have been replaced with Grand Cherokee Overland Summits.

My boss's wife, who can drive anything she wants, recently traded her Audi Q5 for a Grand Cherokee Trailhawk with the 5.7. She loves it! We have the same colour, so it is funny when she comes or goes at the office because it confuses reception, LOL!

Originally Posted By: Rolla07
Id love to test drive this or even the challenger..707hp must be lots of fun!

I've driven it in the Charger and it is freakin' incredible. But the lack of traction is evident. It's always on the traction control, even from a roll at 70Mph. It'll be a whole different ball of wax with the GC, as it will actually be able to hook up. That was the biggest difference between the GC and the Charger that I found with the N/A 6.4L, that you had to try and get the Jeep to spin, it wants to hook and go, whilst the Charger had a very hard time hooking up. Made the Jeep feel a heck of a lot faster off the line.

I would go Chrysler Hemi 300 if looking - but in response to "bashing" - and as someone who has bought from the 'big 3' for 4 decades - I think Jeep needs to stick with these popular SUV's and the Wrangler - they are making the same mistake as GM trying to have all these middle of the road Jeeps - when Dodge/Chrysler has plenty of models to fill in.
Thin the herd so the strong survive ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back