Pennzoil 5qt jug- seal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Planning to do an oil change on my XJ and got oil a few days ago. Opened it up today and there's no seal over the hole. Is that normal for Pennzoil? I know Valvoline has a seal on the 5qt jugs. It just has the ring that breaks when you open it.

Thanks!

The is a security ring connected with the cap. If the cap is twisted off, the ring breaks and stays with the jug. I always carfully inspect to see that the cap & ring are attached together. I would prefer a foil seal but, it is what it is. Ed

Yup no seal. Always check the security ring. I have found those compromised a couple times at a local auto store.
Sometimes noticed the levels not all the same too, makes one wonder.
My last purchase of PYB jugs I ordered from Amazon. 1 jug had slight leakage. Also they boxed the jugs laying on the sides, not upright. Makes me wonder if the package was delivered left outside with the recent triple digit temps how much worse it could have got.
Not enough to prevent me from ordering again, but if it continues then back to the local store for all jugs of oil purchases. Or change to something with the foil seals.

Originally Posted By: Errtt
Also they boxed the jugs laying on the sides, not upright.

Same with the 5W-20 Pennz U.P. I got from Walmart "pick up in store" deal.

Thanks everyone! Before I did the change I shoved a paper towel in the jug and it's clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back