New Chevy Nascar surfaces

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
I like it, looks really good. The 2 local Chevy dealers have a combined 4 SS in stock, I have been so tempted.

Glad to see GM finally use the Camaro nameplate in NASCAR's premier series. Lord knows it needs a boost.

Re: purchasing an SS....if you can find a manual with MRC, you'll get about 25% off MSRP and have a great car at a great price.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Can they turn right?

They did last weekend in Watkins Glen. The xFinity series is at Mid Ohio Saturday and Road America in 2 weeks. The trucks are at Mosport, now Canadian Tire Motorsport Park, in a few weeks.

Next year the playoff race in Charlotte is on the roval.

I like that the muscle version is (represented as) the race version.

NASCAR Camrys are a joke.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
......NASCAR Camrys are a joke.

Toyota in NASCAR is a joke. What model car do they currently sell in a showroom to the public, that is, or ever was powered a pushrod V-8? The engine the entire sport of NASCAR was built on.

I like it, looks really good. The 2 local Chevy dealers have a combined 4 SS in stock, I have been so tempted.

You should be. It is an incredible chassis that would make an amazing track rat. I'm watching the auctions but there just isn't much out there yet used...

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

You should be. It is an incredible chassis that would make an amazing track rat. I'm watching the auctions but there just isn't much out there yet used...

There is a Caprice for sale in LA that is not thrashed for under 10K. All the new ones for sale locally are automatics which in reality would be a better choice. Unless I can find a new manual in Slipstream Blue.

Yuck. Even uglier than the street Camaro. I won't buy a new Camaro because the gun-slit windows are too short. Now the NASCAR Camaro has windows that are too tall. Seems like there has to be a happy medium in there someplace. It looks like they just grafted the Camaro nose and tail onto a sedan. Keep the SS body.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: A_Harman
Yuck. Even uglier than the street Camaro. I won't buy a new Camaro because the gun-slit windows are too short. Now the NASCAR Camaro has windows that are too tall. Seems like there has to be a happy medium in there someplace. It looks like they just grafted the Camaro nose and tail onto a sedan. Keep the SS body.

They had to open up the windows so the driver can get in and out of the thing.

What a JOKE! looks nothing like the bloated street Camaro
lol.gif

Except for the paint, that thing looks like most every other car out there. I think if these cars raced in primer, with no decals or numbers plastered all over them, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

I always find it funny people comparing a NASCAR to a street car. They are completely unrelated. You could take the body off of any of them and switch them with any other chassis and it won't make a lick of difference.

Originally Posted By: mightymousetech
I always find it funny people comparing a NASCAR to a street car. They are completely unrelated. You could take the body off of any of them and switch them with any other chassis and it won't make a lick of difference.

I think most of that comparing comes from a long time ago when they actually raced street cars. (The winged Chargers and Plymouth's from the "Aero Years" were some of the most notable). They were slightly modified with roll cages and such. But they actually represented what you could walk into a showroom and buy. Today, as you say, there is nothing that even remotely resembles anything that is driven on the street.

Originally Posted By: mightymousetech
I always find it funny people comparing a NASCAR to a street car.

The really funny part is that they still call them "stock cars" and keep that in the name of the series, when it shares no resemblance to the truth. The only real place to watch "stock cars" race is something like GT3, and they're not using "Impalas" or "Camrys" (or is it "Camries"), either.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Garak
mightymousetech said:
I always find it funny people comparing a NASCAR to....The only real place to watch "stock cars" race is something like GT3, and they're not using "Impalas" or "Camrys" (or is it "Camries"), either.

When groups of them have private meetups they are said to be in Camera...
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: billt460
The only "Stock Car" on a NASCAR track these days is the pace car. And it is spending a lot of time out there to be sure.

The ZL1 1LE could probably run with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back