03 Civic tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings, I am new around here and looking for some advice about tires for my car. I drive a 2003 Honda Civic with 200k miles on it. It is a daily commuter and I do not plan on it lasting more than a couple more years, just soaking up the benefits of the good mileage for the time being.

That being said I don't want to invest a lot of money into tires for this vehicle, but i want a decent value. Basically a durable tire for $50 per tire or less.

Like i said, its for commuting via freeway on a daily basis. I have looked into some tires but i am hoping for some expertise from experience.

I appreciate any help.

Just bought some 205/55R16 tires for the Matrix on Amazon for $45 each. Tread is 700, Temp A, Traction A, Load rating 94 XL Nokian eNTRYES. Installed at Ford Quicklane for $80 out the door. However tire prices on Amazon change daily. The same tire I bought went up to $75 2 days later. The following day the price dropped another dollar or two.

What size do you need?

I believe its 185 60/15. Do you like the Nokian? That is one of the particular tires i have looked at.

So far so good. I had Hankook Ventus V2 Concepts on there before for 65k miles so they were done. The Nokians are hard to beat for the price. They do ride firm esp compared to the RT43 Generals T rated on the Camry. The Generals have a much softer ride. So I'd prefer those on the Matrix if I had to do it over.

The Cooper CS3 was my second choice for it's good winter traction. I think that was around $70 or so. Since you mentioned price is a priority those would be my picks.

Prices on Amazon should drop again when DT/DTD has another tire sale. Prob on Memorial Day for the next sale, then another one Black Friday.

I think the size you need is 185/65R15.

Last edited:
I like the CS3's as well...sitting at 58 a piece now...if I can find those on sale, the snow traction is also a factor when living in Minnesota...

If you can wait a few weeks, DTD will have their labor day sale, letting you get popular tires like the Cooper CS5 Ultra within your budget
smile.gif

But in MN, you might want something like the Vredestein Quatrac 5

i had fine results twice with two successive sets of replacement walmart goodyear viva tires. i put first set on a 2004 toyota corolla at 34k, second at 76k, that i sold last year at 103k miles. they performed well from ontario winters to virginia summers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back