Super Tech Makers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!

This forum has been a huge help to me and has reassured me that Super Tech was safe for my cars, and now after two years of running it with oil and ST filter I know you all were right. One huge thing that reassured me was everyone saying that ST is made from the big boys anyway and then just repackaged, but how do you guys figure out who is making what? I know the filters are WIX built because I cut one open, but is there a place you can go to see who is currently making the oil and filters?

Usually the bottom of the container(1qt or 5qt) will have a marking on them. The containers I look for are the ones with WPP or WNE marked on them. These are blended by Warren Performance Products of Omaha, NE(hence the WPP/WNE). The others I am not sure of. However, to my understanding, Exxon/Mobil, Citgo and Warren Uni-Lube are also blenders.

The Exxon/Mobil bottles will be the darker blue bottles/jugs(instead of the ligher blue/gray) and will be in similar containers as the RED Exxon oil bottles. I wish I had some pics to show you but, I don't.

WalMart Auto Service oil changes using Supertech oil and don't they use a re-labeled Wix filter? Not a bad deal actually. Decent components

While ST dino is made by various suppliers depending on the area of the country...it had been said that all ST synthetic oil was made by Warren Performance Products (WPP). This is no longer the case as I have recently spotted Walmart synthetic in Florida that is made by Amalie Oil of Tampa.....In either case, I'm sure they are fine oils....

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
WalMart Auto Service oil changes using Supertech oil and don't they use a re-labeled Wix filter? Not a bad deal actually. Decent components

No, the TLE filter (Fram Core) is a Fram made filter specifically made for quick lubes (Walmart only??).

As said, for the oil, it will vary based on region, they get it from whomever is cheapest in the geographic area. THe bottles are the way to tell, as discussed before.

Originally Posted By: Bhoppy1216
Hi everyone!

This forum has been a huge help to me and has reassured me that Super Tech was safe for my cars, and now after two years of running it with oil and ST filter I know you all were right. One huge thing that reassured me was everyone saying that ST is made from the big boys anyway and then just repackaged, but how do you guys figure out who is making what? I know the filters are WIX built because I cut one open, but is there a place you can go to see who is currently making the oil and filters?

x2 - I've run ST FS 5w30 for last 160k miles/7 years on chevy 6L Vortec V8 gas - STILL doesn't burn a drop between obc-indicator changes !! ~ 8K miles.
HOT Texas weather!
Fram Ultra filter every change - cheap insurance!

However, it may be a while before I buy anymore of either:
I'm SOOOO stocked up on ~$10 jugs of FullSyn oils deals found on this site (clearance/rebate deals) for the next few years...
Annndd a lifetime supply of $3 Bosch D1 filters for everything I maintain (TRACTOR too !!!) heh heh

Was there ever a conclusion on who bottled the west tx/nm bottles? The only makings that were listed was a "LEE" stamp.

In San Antonio Super Tech oils & ATF's are bottled by Citgo. This is a disadvantage as Citgo doesn't have a license for Mercon LV so the Super Tech MV LV ATF on store shelves here has neither Dexron VI nor Mercon LV license numbers, unlike the same fluid produced by Warren.

It's definitely regional. Pretty much the whole northeast gets WPP. Florida and the southeast gets Amalie. Now I've learned that Texas gets Citgo. Would be curious to hear what the west coast and mid west get.

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
Usually the bottom of the container(1qt or 5qt) will have a marking on them. The containers I look for are the ones with WPP or WNE marked on them. These are blended by Warren Performance Products of Omaha, NE(hence the WPP/WNE). The others I am not sure of. However, to my understanding, Exxon/Mobil, Citgo and Warren Uni-Lube are also blenders.

The Exxon/Mobil bottles will be the darker blue bottles/jugs(instead of the ligher blue/gray) and will be in similar containers as the RED Exxon oil bottles. I wish I had some pics to show you but, I don't.

I thought that there were two different Warren companies, and that WPP (Warren Performance Products) was different from WNE?

Of course they are both good, as well as the Amalie SuperTech down south. Some people on here don't like Citgo, though as long as it's API SN certified there's nothing to worry about.

Warren Unilibe, which owns what used to be Coastal Unilube among other assets, is completely seperate comoany from WPP/WNE.

http://www.warrenoil.com/

They have a packaging facility in my area, I think the old Industrial Lubricants facility.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Triton_330
Originally Posted By: Char Baby

I thought that there were two different Warren companies, and that WPP (Warren Performance Products) was different from WNE?

Of course they are both good, as well as the Amalie SuperTech down south. Some people on here don't like Citgo, though as long as it's API SN certified there's nothing to worry about.

Warren Distribution
WPP and WNE are the same company (and there's also WSE)
Their site is now http://warrendistribution.com
(it used to be wd-wpp.com but they just changed it recently)

Warren Unilube aka Warren Oil http://warrenoil.com

I was under the impression that a "LEE" stamping on the bottle/jug denoted it was manufactured by Citgo. Is this the case? Here in Indy, that is all I'm seeing at local Walmarts.

Originally Posted By: Darren_L
I was under the impression that a "LEE" stamping on the bottle/jug denoted it was manufactured by Citgo. Is this the case? Here in Indy, that is all I'm seeing at local Walmarts.

That's what they have here in Arizona. I'm curious who manufactures it as well. I tried the MSDS lookup on a 5 quart jug of ST 5W20 and it came up with several different results.

Did you enter the UPC code from the container in Walmart's MSDS lookup tool? This is what seperated the Citgo ST MVLV ATF from the same product by WPP for me in that tool.

Here's what the bottom of the ST LVMV ATF bottled by Citgo looks like here in SA.

Had more tires rotated, and balanced today at Walmart that was going to take about 20 minutes, so I had some time to kill.

Looked at the bottom of 5W-30 HM, 5W-20, and 5W-30 conventional, and they all had WPSE on the bottom of the jug. Looked at a couple different full synthetics, and they both had WPP, which is Warren Performance Products.

I live near Tampa , where the corporate office of Amalie is.

Went to wally world the other day to check out their oil.

I assume this super tech is Amalie ? Good oil ?

hAJmxd1.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back