SAE 30 conventional base oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
For pure synthetic one could possibly use spectrasyn 10 or 8 for mobil 1 blend.

But for conventional i was wondering what are known base oils for say shell, QS, PZ, and mobil. Any specifics?

Any specific noack values for these conventional base oils?

Thanks

You can make SAE 30 out of a group 1 oil; but since that is used very little in oil blending now I'd guess they use a group II/II+ base oil to make straight grades, they just don't add VII's.

Yes i want specifics on group i ii iii oil that have visc of around 10ish at 100c and in particular their noack.

I do not have the answer to your specific question, but I believe addyguy is on the money. More than likely group II and/or group II plus with no viscosity index improvers. The pour point of some monograde 30 oils (such as Delo 400 and the newest QS) hint slyly at the possibility of a dash of group III, but I cannot prove that nor will I claim it as fact.

Yes sae 30 do not have visc. modifiers. Lets use group ii for sake of discussion. Lets forget about the "hint of group iii" in sae 30.

Noacks of group ii 100c visc. of 6, 8, 10?

They didn't publish the noack this time, more than finished products typically. In the last book they showed 6-10% depending on the grade.
Interestingly, there are two 20W50 and 15W40 old school HDEOs added, Duron single grades show P @ 1200 which I already knew from UOAs.

I see that ehc 110 noack is not stated.

Imagine its higher than spectrasyn 10 which is 3.2.

So in between 3.2 and 10.
Do we know of noack of a heavier oil in the ehc family.

I am trying to see if a conventional sae 30 can have noack lower than 5. I am thinking a conventional sae 30 is around 7 or higher depending on quality.

Amsoil is about 4ish.
Pp 10w30 is 4.7

Thanks shannon
Great info.
Will have to study it in morning
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: userfriendly
Chevron 600R
40C 102
100C 12
Flash 270C
Noack 2%

Sounds perfect for an SAE 40 mono-grade.
HTHS >3.7 sound about right?

+1
That would be one good sae 40.

Interesting the pour points are -15c for few oils but ccs is what is varying. A good example for convincing me to focus on ccs and pour points. Thanks shannon.

What will happen to noack if you add detergent pack to 600r. Say 85 percent 600r and 15 percent det. pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back