Fram Ultra XG9911

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problems have been reported with under-size center holes in the cartridge XG10358. I don't know about XG9911.

There have been reported issues with the XG9018 not fitting right (but in the 2.2/2.4 Ecotech engines, there are a lot of filters from many manufacturers that have fitment issues).

As far as filtering ability, same as the canister.

Thank you for the replies so far.

XG9911 is for the 2.0T and 2.5 VW/Audi cars. Browsing forums, It's all German, all the time when it comes to oils/coolant/filters, with it nearly blasphemous to do otherwise. Just seeing if there's any real reason to deviate from the Ultra, and if the excellent performance offered in the canister version translates over to the cartridge.

Originally Posted By: blupupher
There have been reported issues with the XG9018 not fitting right (but in the 2.2/2.4 Ecotech engines, there are a lot of filters from many manufacturers that have fitment issues).

As far as filtering ability, same as the canister.

Maybe the problem is GM if multiple brands of filters aren't fitting correctly.

Originally Posted By: Triton_330

That is not how manufacturing works. Aftermarket builds to the car/engine, car/engine is not built to the aftermarket. If the OEM filters are working fine, it is not GM.

Most aftermarket cartridge filters don't fit properly and buckle in service.

Stick to Mann, Mahle, Hengst, or OEM (which is usually one of those three

Originally Posted By: Hootbro
Originally Posted By: Triton_330

That is not how manufacturing works. Aftermarket builds to the car/engine, car/engine is not built to the aftermarket. If the OEM filters are working fine, it is not GM.

Sorry, I should have put a wink face at the end... my comment was tongue-in-cheek.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Most aftermarket cartridge filters don't fit properly and buckle in service.
Why do they buckle? Subject to excessive force because of incorrect dimensions?

Other causes could be lack of structural strength to withstand normal spring-loading by the housing (if they're clamped endwise by spring force like my 10358 is), or lack of strength to withstand the pressure gradient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back