Question on 2012 Honda Accord maintenance

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm taking my 2012 Honda Accord EX-L V6 to the shop for some maintenance. I take really good care of it. It has 70,000 miles and all fluids not counting oil have been changed 2 to 3 times over the past 5 years depending on what fluid. My tranny has been drained and filled 3 times but the filter has not been changed yet. I hear this filter is on one of the tranny lines outside of the transmission itself. How important is it to change this filter and how much should a dealer charge to change it out for me? Does this Accord have a fuel filter? I can not find any mention of one!

Also my AC compressor is cycling on and off really quickly(like every 5-7 seconds). The air is nice and cold but I'm wondering if it may need a recharge because of how fast the compressor cycles? Thanks everyone!

Last edited:
Way too many fluid changes if you ask me. The OM will tell you when to change tranny filter. Honda is not known for making engineering mistakes.

Have the AC tested for pressure. The only reliable way too tell.

Replaced the cabin filter lately?

For the trans filter I'd wait till the 120k mark. Esp since you've been good about replacing the atf. The dealer may deny an atf filter even exists in that application.

Originally Posted By: DdDd
Honda is not known for making engineering mistakes.

Except for garbage automatic transmissions across several models, for several years and the systemic VCM failures.

Research the AT filter location. On my '07 Fit it's was located under the battery. Perhaps make those fluid changes slightly less often, outside of ATF fluid for Honda reasons.
thumbsup2.gif

Radiator D&F every 60k IMO and brake fluid every 3-4 years is enough. As someone else mentioned the CAF? How about throttle plate/intake cleaning?

Originally Posted By: DdDd
Honda is not known for making engineering mistakes.

001.jpg

I love the 2010 Accord I maintain for a neighbor.
Drain the radiator and 1 gallon of premix comes out. Replace with new.
Take the "old" up to my friend who knows less-than-fortunate people.

Remember to check your glide pins. The rear brake pads were crooked due to binding, near bone dry pins. Inspect your brakes.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back