AMSOIL SIGNATURE SERIES 0W30

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can get this through my soon to be ex-work for $46 for 5 quarts for my Cruze. I do want to do extended intervals. In your opinion is it worth it or just use M1EP or P4 Ultra that I may find/ have? Part of me wants to just to feed the itch to try it out. But the logical part of me is asking why?

Amsoil makes fine products, but at $9/qt., if you have a stash of Mobil 1 or Pennzoil Platinum Ultra already available, there's no great reason to burn money unless you're really itchy---it's not statiscally likely to turn your Cruze into a million-mile car.

Just my opinion, but way to much per quart. But as the saying goes, it's your money.

If you do say 12000 mile oci plus , than Amsoil is the way to do but anything under 12000 miles, just use a good full synthetic oil.

Last edited:
I don't believe turbo engines are really suited for long OCI's, that's what Amsoil is known for and priced accordingly for. From a financial point look into using an "over the counter" synthetic oil for oil changes for your turbo engine, especially if you stick to a 5,000-7,500 mile oil change.

Whimsey

Originally Posted By: JHogan
I can get this through my soon to be ex-work for $46 for 5 quarts for my Cruze. I do want to do extended intervals. In your opinion is it worth it or just use M1EP or P4 Ultra that I may find/ have? Part of me wants to just to feed the itch to try it out. But the logical part of me is asking why?

Very good oil, I ran it for the last 5 years in Northern Montana and it helped quite a bit in the -30°C (-22°F) starts. The Amsoil site shows $8.90 per quart as preferred customer, so $9 is a pretty good retail price.

I've run this oil out to 10k in a NA engine; as mentioned in a turbo application it might not last as long as you want it to- and the only way to find out is to run it...I'd go the normal interval, take a sample while leaving it in, and wait for results. A UOA is the only way to be sure.

I've ran 14,000 on P4 Ultra in this car changing the filter at 7,000. I sent it in for UOA and wear metals were still good and tbn was like 2.8 or something. Although that was all highway miles
smirk.gif

Originally Posted By: JHogan
I can get this through my soon to be ex-work for $46 for 5 quarts for my Cruze. I do want to do extended intervals.

If you are going to do extended OCI, Amsoil is pretty good choice. By extended, I mean the entire 25k miles, or 15k if severe duty.

I have used it, and still have some in the stash. But, even though I don't think of myself as having OCD, I just couldn't go the full 15K miles on the Ford.
21.gif

My use of it was the definition of "severe" in that it would be driven in cold weather, short trips under 5 miles visiting work sites, etc. Now that my daughter drives it, it also sits outside in winter.

PUP in the Ford right now. Have a stash of M1 that was on sale at Sams Club that will be doing the official Ford OCI of 6mo/5k miles in the future. (Yes, I know M1 can go farther than that)
smile.gif

Good luck. Either one would be a good choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back