Chrysler MS-6395. Can I still use Magnatec??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2011 Chrysler Town and Country with the 3.6 Penastar with 58000 miles. From what I can tell Magnatec does not meet the Chrysler MS-6395 spec. But from being on this forum people really seem to like this oil. So I would I be doing anything wrong by using this oil? Right now the van has QSUD in it.

Magnatec 5W30 claims to meet Chrysler MS-6395 https://msdspds.castrol.com/bpglis/FusionPDS.nsf/Files/510FD57A68BEA771802580FF003FACB0/$File/BPXE-9UE8M3.pdf

Originally Posted By: jxthomps
There is no warranty on the van left.

Problem solved use it. But IIRC it does meet the spec, either way no problem.

Originally Posted By: javacontour
Magnatec 5W30 claims to meet Chrysler MS-6395 https://msdspds.castrol.com/bpglis/FusionPDS.nsf/Files/510FD57A68BEA771802580FF003FACB0/$File/BPXE-9UE8M3.pdf

Looks like I’ll be going to Wally World today.

Just looked at a bottle of QSUD in my shop - it has 6395 - why move away from that ?

Sorry for the semi-hijack:

The Magnatec is in the same league in the motor and on the road or better than QSUD. I am no BP fan boy but this MAGNATEC ILSAC stuff is special sauce - and the 5w20 Synthetic is even better than the 5w30 SS.

Speaking of glorious QSUD, The Nissan dealer in Stratham dumped my wonderful new pan of 10w30 QSUD (non dexos) at about 3K miles into an OCI - and I specifically mentioned NOT to do an oil change! (they were doing a tranny pan drain and a Xfer case and 3rd member lube.)
The dimwit ne'er-do-well also looked at my engine Air filter (even though I had a big white packing label across the locking tab with the install date of 8/16) They didn't clean it just thrw it in the box NOT INSTALLED and closed the lid. Now I have 300 miles of operation with NO FILTRATION. I noticed a hesitation at throttle tip in, that's what directed me to look at the air box.

MS-6395 is about politics not oil quality. Magnatec and other quality synthetic oils will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back