Glen Campbell Dead at 81

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glen Campbell Dead at 81

The five-time Grammy winner and Country Music Hall of Famer went public with his Alzheimer’s diagnosis in 2011, hoping to raise awareness about the devastating disease.

In his final months, Campbell struggled with the disease and lived at a full-time care facility in Nashville.

RIP. Growing up in my teen years, I would listen to his music, especially Wichita Lineman. A one of a kind country music singer.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
RIP. Growing up in my teen years, I would listen to his music, especially Wichita Lineman. A one of a kind country music singer.

Yes! I just played that song for my ill mother last week. RIP

He would often joke in concert that the song "Wichita Lineman" had more music cords than many other "country songs put together". To hear him sing that song accompanied with a full symphony was truly amazing!

Originally Posted By: PimTac

Of his many many songs, Wichita Lineman was my favorite. A great artist.

Loved watching him play in True Grit and Galveston will always be a favorite of mine. RIP and thanks for the memories.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Every time my gf and I go to Galveston I'm always singing that song in my head.
Ditto!

Many don't know he was a top studio musician who played on numerous recordings in the early 1960's....especially as part of the famous Wrecking Crew. If the band didn't have the chops to record the instrumentals on their records, you likely brought in the Wrecking Crew. The Beach Boys were just one of the top west coast groups that used them extensively. RIP to an outstanding musician, singer, and entertainer. One of a kind.

Glen Campbell on vocals (along with Curt Boettcher) and lead guitar from 1968. The liner notes on the back of the album lists him as one of the musicians of this studio band:

A great musician and quite the Texas Ranger in True Grit.

That Alziemers is one wicked disease.

I think I read something about him touring with his daughter not too long ago.

RIP Glen
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back