Purolator P1 PL22500, 9,xxx miles CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off of a 2015 F-150 pickup at work that is our errand/scrap hauler and all around pickup. 30,500 miles on truck also. This filter along with Eco Power 5w30 oil was in for 9,xxx miles. Looks ok I'd say

Put more Eco Power 5w30 and Parts Plus PH500 in and on

Thanks for the C&P
thumbsup2.gif

Media looks good and so do the louvers, I just can't get past the cuts in the ADBV, even if they're smaller than most we've seen.

Yeah, I was surprised about that too. Good ole Purolator quality control has NOT been corrected
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: old1
I am NOT a pro fan, but maybe my eyesight is going, but I don't see any cuts in the Adbv.

OMG.... Just kidding but I see them on a 8 inch tablet.
I think C51 is a commie pinko... Just joshing Adam... Thanks!!

One is right where his thumb is holding the ADBV; another is about 2 oclock from that first cut, both along the inside ring of the adbv.

Originally Posted By: old1
I am NOT a pro fan, but maybe my eyesight is going, but I don't see any cuts in the Adbv.

Last edited:
Wow, I've been skipping over the ADBV on these posts...I'd remember any with cuts. Nuts. What's causing that?

As always, thanks for the C&P

Originally Posted By: Onug
Wow, I've been skipping over the ADBV on these posts...I'd remember any with cuts. Nuts. What's causing that!

Sharp edges on the holes in the base plate.

Originally Posted By: Bud_One
Thanks for the C&P
thumbsup2.gif

Media looks good and so do the louvers, I just can't get past the cuts in the ADBV, even if they're smaller than most we've seen.

In picture #6 you can see raised edges between the oval flow holes. Is it possible that those raised edges are pushing against/into the ADBV causing those cuts, tears, rips, etc.?
21.gif

This makes two M&H Puro PLs you've posted recently run substantial miles that appear to have gotten the job done. Unlike the last with the round inlet holes, this one does appear to have some indentions in the adbv but don't appear to be cut through. Some work still needed on that in this application it seems.

Thanks for c&p.

The old mustard yellow PureOne filtration efficiency was advertised as 99.9% @ 20 microns. Based on ISO 4548-12. From the box exterior.

The new blue PureOne filtration efficiency is advertised as 99% @ 20 microns. Based on ISO 4548-12 at 20 microns on PL24651. From the PureOil site.

That small difference could have an impact on why we are seeing less distorted pleats on the blue cans. I'm thinking this would lessen the chances of a media breach.

If they polished the inlet holes a little, I believe the cuts in the ADBV would be fixed.

Originally Posted By: WellOiled
If they polished the inlet holes a little, I believe the cuts in the ADBV would be fixed.

Purolator is capable of making a filter with a silicone ADBV that does not get cut. Just cut open a used Toyota YZZG2 oil filter that was made by Purolator, and the silicone ADBV was not cut. Maybe Purolator does a little extra for Toyota?

Originally Posted By: BigD1
Purolator is capable of making a filter with a silicone ADBV that does not get cut. Just cut open a used Toyota YZZG2 oil filter that was made by Purolator, and the silicone ADBV was not cut. Maybe Purolator does a little extra for Toyota?

Purolator builds Toyota filters per Toyota's design. Purolator needs to change their design to correctly fix their problems.

Originally Posted By: BigD1
Originally Posted By: WellOiled

Just as they are able to make the Bosch Distance + with no media or ADV issues.

Quote:
.... Maybe Purolator does a little extra for Toyota?

No need to look strictly to made for Toyota. As noted in previous post another PL taken to 12.6K miles as posted HERE had no issues including no adbv indentions or cuts. The difference on the topic filter is the bulbous inner part of the adbv takes the direct pressure from the leaf compression spring on the inlet holes. On the recent linked PL14459, it does not and thus no cuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back