3401 on Accord? and Autozone Fram or Bosch Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHL

Recently I want a giant filter for my 3.5 Accord, as it is using the same filter that is also for 1.5 Fits and I will have a half qt leftover
oil if I use the correct size filter.

Then I saw somebody recommend M1-104 for similar applications (3.0 accord/ 3.5 ody) on BITOG, so I went to get one from Walmart, but it was like about $10 for one filter, and the size was not that impressive.

Days later I found out Bosch 3401 might fits, but some said its twin(PL14619) wont.

vRlnLRo.png

But anyway it is just under $2 after the deal (IIRC ends at Aug. 21) on Autozone, so I might try to put the 3401 on on next change. Will let you know the result then.

r3ya7ms.jpg

It arrived! So quick!

And it is much bigger than the M1-104A, but feels like they weight the same.

oxF1jtP.jpg

That is HUGE - same as a Wix 51626 & Napa 1626.

It's about the same size as the FL-820S or XG2 on my V8 F150

I'll assume you verified that the nipple and threads are compatible but are you sure the gasket will seat on the flange? That's a big difference in filter OD and gasket size.

Yes, that's what I worry about. I won't get the 3401 if it is not only 2 bucks.

Because the D3323 I am using has an identical shape of PL14610 and the outside diameter of that is 2.69 inches.

dm9z2HT.jpg

The filter mount is litter bit wider than the D3323. 3401 have the same shape of PL14619 and the ID/OD of PL14619's gasket is 2.477/2.847.

And the mating surface has some residue on the outside (it never mounts a giant like this), hopefully, it can be removed easily.

I put the M1-104 on. 3401 seems too big to go through the lower arm when I was changing the filter on a ramp. And I, fortunately, got some PU 5w20 from Walmart, I am more confident to use it with the M1. It has been 3 weeks and it still seats well and no leaks so far.
pXZ7mt1.jpg

71Zns9V.jpg

And a pic of (the bottle of) good stuff
XJC43XM.jpg

I put the old oil in and dumped it to autozone.

The M!-104 or Fram XG7317 or Wix XP 51334XP are all better than using the wrong size filter.

But if you still wanted more media, there's always the Wix 51344

Also, I love the pics you got of the M1 mounted on the car. It looks so clean too!
smile.gif

Caught the comment about weight regardless of size ~ the M1’s are made like tanks …

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back