Ashika air filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

I just changed the air filter on my MY'05 Toyota Yaris.

After the not-so-good Klaxcar filters I had, I now put Ashika filters in. Don't know what to think, so let roll the cheese pics and see what comes out of BITOG

I miss the air filters with plastic or rubber frame...

I think the OEM Toyota filters are a 3 ply/material while other aftermarket filters may not be, I bought a cheap EBAY filter for my Tacoma and I have the feeling its not the same amount of plys as the OEM based on the lighter weight so more dirt gets by Im assuming, I have ordered a new Toyota OEM for twice the cost when it arrives im going to cut open the EBAY Filter to see exactly how many plys it has, only other option are the DENSO filters they state a 3 ply media for my truck. https://www.densoproducts.com/product.aspx?zpid=40578

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Superflan
I miss the air filters with plastic or rubber frame...

I like those as well. The Fram Tough Guard air filter is like that and seems to have a better fit than the oem filter. The filter you have in your picture does resemble the oem one quite a bit. Even the Fram Fresh Breeze cabin filter seems better than the oem filter. Fram prices were $12 and $10 at Walmart online. In store prices were higher but store price matched.

Originally Posted By: JustinH
looks very similar to OEM denso.
I think the designs are very similar to the OEMs but im not quite sure about the media layers and filtering capabilities of some of these filters compared to OEM versions, im basing this on comparisons of my tacomas filter compared to the DENSO made in USA version, this is my EBAY version filter.

They're "Made in Extra EU" (???) Not sure what that means, but they look pretty decent.

Also, you're from Reunion? How amazing is that, talk about a paradise I have to visit at some time in my life.
cheers3.gif

Thanks slimjim! I just learned that Reunion Island is part of the EU, and that EU trade regs don't require to specify the country of manufacture beyond in or out of the EU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back