Ashika oils filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

I just changed oil & filter, plus air filter, on my MY'05 Toyota Yaris.

After the [censored] Klaxcar filters I had, I now put Ashika filters in. Don't know what to think, so let roll the cheese pics and see what comes out of BITOG

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
Made in Japan I assume, or should I not...?

"MADE IN EXTRA-EU"
grin.gif

The address on the boxes is in Italy (lol it's written in whatever language). But where's the filter manufactured... Who knows.

A-shika. That's what you say when you realize you didn't get oem...

Typical white box Chinese filter. They are everywhere where relablers can get their hands on and slap on their own name, etc.

Here's a youtube post use dissection. Construction looks decent and similar to the China made filters posted. But without some confirmation can't say coo definitively.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
..The can on that filter looks pretty thick.

Yes it does. Makes me wonder if perhaps some of that is overlap of metal to the inside with the cutting of the can.

Also in addition to the dome leaf spring, the filter uses an extra coil spring on the adbv area. I don't remember seeing that in China made filters posted.

I believe there are too many quality brands of oil filters to bother with Asian made filters that are sold by an Italian distributor. I think the Premium Guard brand would even be a better choice.

Originally Posted By: Sayjac
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
..The can on that filter looks pretty thick.

Yes it does. Makes me wonder if perhaps some of that is overlap of metal to the inside with the cutting of the can.

Yep, there looks to be some overlap of metal from the cutting, but the can still looks very thick accounting for that. There wouldn't be that much metal overlap if it was a thin can.

Originally Posted By: Superflan

"MADE IN EXTRA-EU"
grin.gif

The address on the boxes is in Italy (lol it's written in whatever language). But where's the filter manufactured... Who knows.

Quote:
Extra-EU refers to transactions with all countries outside of the EU

Extra EU definition
For the LOLs.
13.gif

Last edited:
Ashika is a Japanparts brand of filters. Japanparts is Italian company that covers Asian vehicles. Extra EU means outside of European Union. Like China.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: andyd
Does the Ashika weigh more, or less than the previous filter?

It definitely weigh much more than the Klaxcar oil filter. Next time I'll measure that. Filters weights.

Maybe I'll try to cut open the used Klaxcar filter, I've never done this before...

Originally Posted By: ltslimjim
Originally Posted By: Superflan

"MADE IN EXTRA-EU"
grin.gif

Quote:
Extra-EU refers to transactions with all countries outside of the EU

Extra EU definition ...

So could be China, S Korea maybe India. The Kohler oem that came on the engine was made in India. Had to guess though I'd say most likely one first two in that order.

Strictly on appearance from youtube though, looks to be a solid filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back