Havoline 5W-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the "conventional" Havoline DS which is termed a synthetic blend per the PDS. This is not Dexos approved oil. Not trying to give you a hard time here. I'm just letting you know what product this one is.

I didn't look at the link. He mentioned full synthetic. Anywho, I would go with the Pro DS. Not that much more expensive

So , for $ 13 and change , sounds like a good value , as you have illustrated it passes Dexos spes . Which is what our little red 2015 Sonic 1.8i calls for .

Thanks , :)

Originally Posted By: PimTac
Originally Posted By: LotI
Originally Posted By: PimTac
Right from Havoline.com. It's dexos gen2 certified.

https://cglapps.chevron.com/sdspds/PDSDetailPage.aspx?docDataId=490665&docFormat=PDF

It's a very good oil. It doesn't get much talk here on BITOG.

Nope
Dexos1 Gen 2 list

Check the PDS I linked. It was updated just recently.

Your link is for the synthetic that is Dexos1. The OP posted the conventional, which is not. The Pro DS synthetic is the closeout at O'Reilly's right now for $7.17/jug or $1.66/qt. Quite the bargain!
Pro DS

Yeah man I just checked it out because there are no Dexos approved oils from Havoline at Walmart. That's what made me wonder what was really going on here. Wrytwister this is NOT a Dexos approved oil here. It is the "conventional" Havoline DS that's $13.

PimTac you are one of the coolest cats on here. I'm always glad to see you on here.

Last edited:
You're right. My mind is confused this evening.

WyrTwister, do you want to run the conventional or the synthetic Havoline?

For what it may or may not be worth , the link to the Walmart web site , when you click " read more " , says full synthetic .

For what it may or may not be worth . Walmart has been known to mess up before .....

Thanks , :)

Wyr's link does not show the full synthetic ProDS.
On the same page at the top, the site shows Chevron 5w30 for 11.77 for a 5 quart.... Same stuff, (a conventional oil as in the link), 1.50 cheaper.

Last edited:
Good call on Walmart messing up wrytwister. Been known to happen at times
smile.gif

PimTac I understand exactly what your saying. I have been there done that myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back