Anyone heard of Ecogard Synthetic oil filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have plenty of Fram Ultras & Tough Guards to last me another year, but has anyone ever heard of these Ecogard Synthetic filters? If they're any good, 4 bucks isn't too bad for a synthetic oil filter. Just order them off Walmart.com & select in store pickup to avoid paying shipping.

I always seem to find good deals on Fram Ultras on eBay though, so might as well stick with them or the Tough Guards.

The EcoGuard oil filters (and their Prime Guard clones) that I've seen cut open look great. I don't know about the 'efficiency' ratings but judging by their (good) construction, I would use them in a heartbeat.

I'm guessing these are similar to the STP XL filters sold at AZ....

Quote:
...I'm guessing these are similar to the STP XL filters sold at AZ....

Anything's possible. One thing different fwiw is the XL publishes it's ISO efficiency on the box and on information online, 99%>20um. And last I checked that still holds on the XL now with China coo.

There has been some word of mouth Ecogard efficiency posted here, but no published efficiency like XL. However for the price, published efficiency apparently not a priority for some.

Originally Posted By: tech230
I have plenty of Fram Ultras & Tough Guards to last me another year, but has anyone ever heard of these Ecogard Synthetic filters? If they're any good, 4 bucks isn't too bad for a synthetic oil filter. Just order them off Walmart.com & select in store pickup to avoid paying shipping.

Marketing trickery.
Its a synthetic blend media filter, not a 100% glass fiber synthetic filter like Fram Ultra, Boss, Royal Purple, or Amsoil EaO.
A lot of the media is paper cellulose material.

Originally Posted By: Sayjac
Quote:
...I'm guessing these are similar to the STP XL filters sold at AZ....

Anything's possible. One thing different fwiw is the XL publishes it's ISO efficiency on the box and on information online, 99%>20um. And last I checked that still holds on the XL now with China coo.

There has been some word of mouth Ecogard efficiency posted here, but no published efficiency like XL. However for the price, published efficiency apparently not a priority for some.

On the box it says 99.9% @ 25 microns, ISO 4548-12

I think it is a good alternative to the Tough Guard and such.
Syn blend media, silicone ADV, button bypass, coil spring, and metal end caps.

Quote:
....On the box it says 99.9% @ 25 microns, ISO 4548-12

Don't think I've seen that specifically noted before. The one I referenced from the rep saying, "99.9% efficient > 30um and 97.22% efficient > 20um" as posted HERE .Guess there must be some confusion on the rep's part about the spec on the Ecogard Synthetic box. I didn't see a discrepancy noted in the link.

So it would seem Ecogard similar to STP XL in COO and efficiency.

Originally Posted By: Sayjac
Quote:
....On the box it says 99.9% @ 25 microns, ISO 4548-12

Don't think I've seen that specifically noted before. The one I referenced from the rep saying, "99.9% efficient > 30um and 97.22% efficient > 20um" as posted HERE .Guess there must be some confusion on the rep's part about the spec on the Ecogard Synthetic box. I didn't see a discrepancy noted in the link.

So it would seem Ecogard similar to STP XL in COO and efficiency.

Yeah, I missed it on the box the first time till it was pointed out to me.
As for the numbers, that is what he told me (the 99.9% @ 30), which could technically be correct, and the 25 micron rating could also be 99.9%, then the 20 micron is the 97.2%.
Still decent numbers IMO.

Originally Posted By: Linctex
Yeah, but they can print anything on the box that they want to

But when you start claiming ISO ratings, you better be able to back it up. Apparently EcoGard is a large player in supplying quick lube shops and such. There is no benefit long term to make false claims. At least they are giving numbers, unlike many OEM makers and other made in China filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back