2002 Tacoma 3.4L 5VZFE | M1 5W40 TDT |9,630 Miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been a while since I took a sample, so I took one just to check things out. Previous oils were:
Mobil 1 TDT, Pennz Ultra, Pennz Ultra, Pennz Ultra, Mobil 1 EP

Originally Posted By: Curtis Newton
That last PUP run had some high zinc as did M1 TDT.

The sample from 12/6/2014 is TDT.

I noticed the lowest ppm of wear metals is when the phosphorus and zinc were at the highest level.

Last edited:
Nice report. I have 8 jugs of M1 tdt 5w40 and have thought of running them in my 5vzfe. After running thinner oil in my minivan with lots of benefits I figured id switch the truck too...still undecided on those results.

Originally Posted By: dblshock
have they messed with this thru the CK-4 transition?

Looking back on some of his previous posts, he may be using m1tdt from 2014...not sure if this would have been the ck4 sn or the sm stuff, but id also like to know. My stuff is the SN version.

Originally Posted By: TheKracken
Originally Posted By: dblshock
have they messed with this thru the CK-4 transition?

Looking back on some of his previous posts, he may be using m1tdt from 2014...not sure if this would have been the ck4 sn or the sm stuff, but id also like to know. My stuff is the SN version.

It's the CJ/SN oil from a 2-3 years ago.

Looks great. As long as you aren't burning oil depending upon higher phosphorus/zinc isn't an issue.
21.gif

I nominate the Toyota Tacoma as the iron horse of vehicles with exemplary oil analysis regardless of year, model, engine, and yes regardless of oil used in the engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back