Got A New Flashlight...

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
AAA light twistie...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LZN0VHX/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A4DI0C83URB3Z&psc=1

$5 with promo code 59OFF2SD and free shipping if you have Prime.

Got it today. This thing is tiny and only weighs 9 gram (0.3 oz) without battery. The UI is simple and for such a small size, it puts out decent amount of light. Beam is very wide, but to be expected from such a small reflector. For $5, I have absolutely no complaints. I should have bought two.

35393905514_3c35fd85f3_o.jpg

36227020615_66e5951df6_o.jpg

I can't say that flashlights will turn into a hobby but I've gradually been replacing my older flashlights. I'll still keep my 3D cell Maglite I've had for 30 years though, can't seem to part with it.

The first one that introduced me to a decent modern LED light was a freebie from a vendor at work. It's a Nebo Slyde with a magnet on the handle. I had no idea a flashlight could be so bright and clear.

Next was a Fenix HL23 headlamp, super handy when working on something and need to free up a hand.

Then I bought an Anker LC90, I like this one quite a bit with it's different modes.

I recently purchased a Nitecore i2 charger and Nitecore MT2C flashlight. Just got it so haven't used it much yet. Not as bright as the Anker but seems well made.

Thanks for all the info guys, who knows what I'll buy next. I looked at the Elzetta web site, nice modular flashlights. It's nice that you can configure the light to fit your needs but a bit pricey for my uses.

please post back how it holds up.
its possible to get a dud in anything but even more likely in a $5 item.
my neighbor insisted on sending his back before i got a chance to check it for something minor like a loose retainer ring,ect.
he had 4 of them and all were flakey in some way.
and that dqg tiny is nice.
almost got one on a flash sale but they sold out.
AAA light twistie...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LZN0VHX/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A4DI0C83URB3Z&psc=1

$5 with promo code 59OFF2SD and free shipping if you have Prime.

Got it today. This thing is tiny and only weighs 9 gram (0.3 oz) without battery. The UI is simple and for such a small size, it puts out decent amount of light. Beam is very wide, but to be expected from such a small reflector. For $5, I have absolutely no complaints. I should have bought two.

35393905514_3c35fd85f3_o.jpg

36227020615_66e5951df6_o.jpg

I'm amazed at the $60 dollar price tag.

And we go out of our way to find the best price on synthetic oil, priorites, priorties.

Originally Posted By: jcwit

And we go out of our way to find the best price on synthetic oil, priorites, priorties.

Just like there are coupons for oil, there are coupons for these flashlights, too.
smile.gif
This one is about $40 after coupon.

Originally Posted By: kc8adu
ahh just jump right in.
this one is not $40 though.
you only live once....
meteor

Haha, yup. That's one heck of a light. Did you see the Utorch u3 on BLF? 9000 lumen. Should be available soon for about $65.

Just like there are coupons for oil, there are coupons for these flashlights, too.
smile.gif

$40 bucks? LOL

smile.gif

$40 bucks? LOL

I take it you're not a flashaholic then?
smile.gif

smile.gif

$40 bucks? LOL

I take it you're not a flashaholic then?
smile.gif

Not really!

Positive!

A flashlights purpose is to provide light where there is none, even the free ones I get at HF does that just fine.

Any flashlight that costs more than 20/30 bucks is nothing xhort of a ripoff, how ever it is not my funds.

Thank God those here do not purchase material for the military.

price the surefire,streamlight,ect our military uses and then tell me the lights suggested here are a ripoff.
price is a low priority when ones life or the lives of the whole group depend on it working.

A flashlights purpose is to provide light where there is none, even the free ones I get at HF does that just fine.

But at a very short distance and/or area. Alas, if they meet your needs, that's great.

Quote:
Any flashlight that costs more than 20/30 bucks is nothing xhort of a ripoff,
curious how you arrived at this price limit.

curious how you arrived at this price limit.
[/quote]

Might have something to do with being in purchasing since the age of 14 and being director of purchasing for the largest RV company in the U.S. Suppope??

Well, now that we officially have Pop Rivet's position open, I see that we have an applicant here to take his place. Should we hire him ??

Might have something to do with being in purchasing since the age of 14 and being director of purchasing for the largest RV company in the U.S. Suppope??

OK, but what are your purchasing criteria? If your only requirement is that it "provides light," then you should just buy a box of matches.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Well, now that we officially have Pop Rivet's position open, I see that we have an applicant here to take his place. Should we hire him ??

LOL! Somebody's gotta fill the void...
smile.gif

Have you bought any lights lately? I've got my first multi-18650 light on the way, but I'm still curious if that Utorch UT03 actually gets off the ground.

Back