Bruce Willis : Death Wish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! He's looking old....
eek.gif

I think it's a cheap move to capitalize on a classic movie title. The trailer looks entertaining and it'll be pay-per-view movie for me but still miffed that they rode on the coattails of an original.
"Scarface" is being "remade" too. To me it shows a vote of "no confidence" in what is produced if one has to use a well known movie title instead of one's own to promote ones film.
Ok, no more coffee today, didn't know I was going to rant!

Last edited:
Well considering the original movie came out TWO GENERATIONS ago, or about 44 years ago, methinks there are a ton of moviegoers that have never even heard of the originals. Myself, a movie buff, included.

There is nothing wrong with recycling a movie for the current generation.

You are not likely to get a millennial to sit down and watch a 44 year old movie.

Years ago, a friend of mine was talking about how Charles Bronson's character in the movie was such an overblown tough guy.

When I explained to him that Charles Bronson's first "role" as a gun-toting man with a "death wish" was his real-life military service as a B-17 tail gunner in WW2, he didn't have much to say.

Willis could go either way. After seeing Willis in such horrible movies as "Vice", it's hard to take him seriously anymore.

B.W. will bring a cuddly cutseyness to the role. It'll be like the Pittsburgh river rat movie he made only with more shots per minute.

It's OK when Bruce Willis kills people.

Originally Posted By: Kira
It's OK when Bruce Willis kills people.

But only Bruce Willis.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
When I explained to him that Charles Bronson's first "role" as a gun-toting man with a "death wish" was his real-life military service as a B-17 tail gunner in WW2, he didn't have much to say.

According to Wikipedia, a B29 based out of Guam, not B17. Also flew 25 missions and received a Purple Heart

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Bronson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back