Shocks Struts - Sachs, KYB, Motorcraft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y_K

04 Mercury Grand Marquis with 84k miles. I have been happy with KYB Gas-Adjust front and MC HD back in Police cars a lot in past. Great combo of control and comfort.

Now I came into possession of 2 new SACHS 030-094 Super-Touring front shocks, but I never had them on any panther before. I don't even know where do they stand in SACHS' hierarchy - are they middle tier units? (Btw, I had KYB on a Benz from the factory in past)

I prefer a firmer ride on shorter panthers, but love super soft one on my Towncar.

TIA

If you have the Sachs I'd give them a shot. I believe they are who made the OE shocks on my Cadillac. I'm also a fan of the KYB Gas-Adjust shocks.

The Sachs are entry level Sachs OE replacement shocks, they are twin tube, oil the Advantage is the OE gas upgrade also twin tube. The KYB Gas-Adjust is a mono tube and will give a firmer ride and be more responsive.

Thank you very much indeed to all!
That was quick. I shall proceed with a proven combo then.

Gabriel Max Control is also worth considering. Part number 79900 front, 77955 rear.

KYB now makes quick struts for the front of your car, and they seem to include the Gas-a-just struts for this application
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back