Hughes Net 5 for streaming,cutting the cord

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only option I have for TV is Dish or satellite internet and I don't want to pay for both. Does the streaming device make any difference how or when you can get buffering. I'm looking at Roku ultra or premiere media player.

So sad in United States we have infrastructure lowest then a third world country for some and significantly more expensive.

Originally Posted By: madRiver
So sad in United States we have infrastructure lowest then a third world country for some and significantly more expensive.

US has a huge area and some of it is very sparsely populated which makes running wires not very cost effective.

Originally Posted By: Fitter30
The only option I have for TV is Dish or satellite internet and I don't want to pay for both. Does the streaming device make any difference how or when you can get buffering. I'm looking at Roku ultra or premiere media player.

You wont get very far with a 10GB data cap. that is about 1 day of streaming.

Netflix for example is about 1GB/hour for SD and 3GB/hour for HD

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: madRiver

US has a huge area and some of it is very sparsely populated which makes running wires not very cost effective.

Agreed so LTE coverage could fill the gap but US lags there.

Forget Satellite internet. No voip, connecting with vpn's and too much latency for streaming. I had it for several yrs and the worst thing was that when they say you have 10gb of data, you really don't. The way they count it really cheats you. I've got 4glte internet service now and and have the same surfing habits and have a hard time using up 10gb.
If you have AT&T cell service in your area and can receive a 4G signal then look into AT&Ts Homebase service. Bought the box from Ebay for $25 and get 25gb of internet service and home phone for $60 a month. It works great but I haven't tried Netflex yet.

PS they keep incrementing the number to make it seem better

but its more like hughesnet .5

ANYTHING ELSE IS BETTER.

where I'm located cell service/ 4g is almost nonexistence. and in Missouri their are only two family owned phone company's in the whole state and I'm in one of them and their internet speed is only 3 gig.

You can stream one TV on 3 Mb DSL. That would still be better Internet service than Hughes since it is unlimited GB.

Originally Posted By: loneryder
Forget Satellite internet. The way they count it really cheats you.

Would you please explain this? I'm really curious as it does seem like our 10gig of satellite data goes ridiculously fast compared to the 4GLTE we also use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back