Sprinkler heads question

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 78 yr old mother recently bought a house in an 'over 55' community. One of the previous owners had installed an irrigation system, so now I have inherited the maintenance and upkeep of that system. I've had to replace several sprinkler heads that were not working properly (cracked or clogged).

While buying new heads at Home Depot, I see they have regular heads and shrubbery heads. Besides the obvious, what's the real difference?

Check out a sprinkler website. Those sites usually have placement and type of heads for different types of watering. If you do it correctly the first time then maintenance is usually not bad at all. Ed

Some sprinkler systems have drip irrigation type sprayers that are low psi. You just need normal psi lawn sprinklers.

You sure the previous owner installed it? All the 55+ around me take care of irrigation through home owner fees. Maintenance free living! That you pay for monthly...

My sister had a sprinkler system installed with other people's money (ours) and I'd love to make her eat it somehow.

I need to learn about them because it is now my problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back