2013 Cadillac ESV 6.2 L recommend oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to change the oil on a 2013 Cadillac ESV 6.2 Liter motor. Just purchased the vehicle used from a Cadillac dealer. Have no clue what the past oil changes have been other than it has been serviced by the dealer since new. I have a few questions.
Does anyone know what the original fill was from GM? Conventional - Blend or Full synthetic? Would like to use what the factory put in.
Is the Acdelco pf48E filter decent? Any reason not to use Acdelco? Is there a larger filter?
If I go with full synthetic is Pennzoil Platinum still top rated? Should I use something else?
Thank you for the help.

The original fill from GM would have been a bulk Mobil-sourced Dexos-1 5W-30 synthetic blend.

Stick with a Dexos-1 oil; most on the shelf are full synthetic, most brands full-syn 5W-30's are Dexos-1.

Pennzoil Platinum, Mobil 1, QS Ultimate Durability...etc... Pick your favourite of best deal.

You can use the 2014 and newer filter which is slightly longer than the 13 and older 5.3 & 6.2Ls.
Your 6.2 should be a 5W30 Dexos engine, the 14s and newer are 0W20.
I see nothing wrong continuing with the 5w30 GM brand or any other Dexos approved engine oil.
Next, drain and refill the transmission, diff(s) and transfer case if so equipped.

++any of these synthetic oils - but probably a Fram Ultra or Mobil 1 filter ...

Originally Posted By: addyguy
The original fill from GM would have been a bulk Mobil-sourced Dexos-1 5W-30 synthetic blend.

It is. Any major name brand synthetic 5W-30 will do. It might actually be Mobil 1 and not AC Delco's Mobil-sourced oil...

Originally Posted By: userfriendly
You can use the 2014 and newer filter which is slightly longer than the 13 and older 5.3 & 6.2Ls.

Correct. The ACDelco PF63 can be used in place of the PF48 (or PF48E).

I use Fram XG 10575 Ultra on my wife's Tahoe. Also Mobil 1 5W-30 EP. It's a 2011 with the 5.3.

Use any 5w30 you like best. PP is a good choice. AC Delco oil filters (small or large) are plenty good as well. No need to over thInk it

It's an LS motor.
Use any Dexos spec and the OLM for change intervals and report back at 300,000 miles.
Thousands of these do that all the time in commercial service running on bulk 5W30 oils.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back