Rings for my Old Kawasaki 175 F 7 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i have a old 175 that I got from a friend it has been gone through as far as the Carb and the plug. My Other friend (Kawasaki Dave) is a big restorer of Motorcycles and said that it needs rings. Dave has so many other things on his plate and said that this is a job that i could do it myself.

Question ? i looked on Ebay and it seems the only rings that you can get are OEM and they are $150 ?

can i just get a new Piston and rings from Parts Unlimited ?

Call Hastings rings right there in Michigan. If they don't have a set already on the shelf they can probably make you a set. I've bought hundreds of sets of oddball rings from them over the years from everything from huge 2cyl JD tractors to golf carts. Super nice people and you're keeping your money local.

I assume this is a two stroke? If so it is common to "refresh" the rings every few hundred hours of operation. Standard rings are the most common and if it has never been bored (?), that is what you'll use.

Could very well have chrome rings and you will have best performance and longevity with OEM rings, but old parts are getting scarce and the prices are kinda nutty ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back