We should have a folder for Electric Vehicles

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the moderators here on BITOG, there should be a folder for Electric Vehicles. They are increasing in numbers, sophistication, and performance, and the prices are continuing to come down. There are sub-topics such as batteries, and charging stations that could be included in discussions in information about electric vehicles.

So, please start a folder for Electric Vehicles.

You have got to be kidding me. Electric Vehicles are the enemy.

39.gif
Electric Vehicles & Hybrids

Tesla P100D is the only modern vehicle that interests me ... I have ridden in a Tesla and was very impressed with the GO factor. Not so much with the display, but it's the 2000's so what should I expect ...

I've got the itch, just not the budget or need
frown.gif

They will have lube issues like wheel bearings and such, so they should have a place here
smile.gif

Or maybe a Gen I Prius with an oversized battery, plug-in conversion and some tweaks to the motor, bilsteins, mag wheels and sticky tires for a grocery getter
smile.gif

Last edited:
There was a TV show (20/20, or 60 minutes, or some other documentary show, I can't remember which) that had an interview with someone who invented a lithium battery that can be damaged, cut, or penetrated with a piece of metal and not cause it to go up in flames. They demonstrated it by cutting one with a pair of scissors and not only did nothing bad happen, but that battery was still usable.

I did some searching on the internet after seeing that program but nothing came up regarding that safer lithium battery. I was wondering if anyone here on BITOG knows the name of the company featured in that TV program.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Electric Vehicles are not real cars; they're appliances.

If you can get in it and it takes you to every where you have to go it is a real car.

Originally Posted By: JimPghPA
If you can get in it and it takes you to every where you have to go it is a real car.

What if it doesn't have wheels anymore; you still gonna call it a car ?

I'm thinking a section for people who give oil advice like it is 1977. lol

I heard those model 3 appliances are selling like hotcakes.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
I'm thinking a section for people who give oil advice like it is 1977. lol

I heard those model 3 appliances are selling like hotcakes.

I really like the 2016 i3 we are leasing. The handling is very good and acceleration is more than adequate. Even taking into account the lease payment the car is saving us $250 per month; I haven't noticed any significant increase in our electric usage either.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Electric Vehicles are not real cars; they're appliances.

And a Dodge Caravan is a thrilling driving machine? Electric cars aren't all Priuses anymore.

No.

BITOG is an OIL FORUM for discussing oils for cars and related issues.

Electric vehicle do not use oil, gas, additives...nothing like that.

They are very interesting, but DO NOT belong here.

Originally Posted By: addyguy
No.

They do use several other lubricants which are often discuss here.

Originally Posted By: addyguy
No.

Our i3 uses @1 gallon of gasoline annually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back