2015 Chevy Sonic used oil filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Changed the oil this AM .

I do not have to cut my filter open . :)

The used filter was actually a little darker than the cell phone photo shows .

Filter is probably AC Delco or Purolator . New one is Purolator . Never seen any damage to either brand , on this car .

Wyr
God bless

Last edited:
When we purchased the car , I looked at the local price for that little filter . Then I priced them at RockAuto.com . Ordered 6 AC Delco filters , price + shipping ended up being 1/2 or less than what I could find them locally .

Also , I watch the monthly sales flyers at Advance Auto Parts . Often I can find Mobile 5 quart jugs of synthetic + a filter reasonably priced . That is how I ended up with some Purolator filters .

Thanks ,

That looks good! It must be your AC; it doesn't look like the Purolator cartridge I have, or the newer versions seen in Advance. Which Purolators did you buy?

Not sure which Purolator I bought . Some how I got the impression , there were not a lot of varieties within a single brand . In this little cartridge filter .

Especially compared to some of the spin on filters .

I can not remember any of the filters I have used , looking bad when I replaced it . Maybe because I an not pushing the OCI ?

Originally Posted By: WyrTwister
Not sure which Purolator I bought . Some how I got the impression , there were not a lot of varieties within a single brand . In this little cartridge filter .
Thanks. Advance here stocks 3 levels of Purolator "little cartridge filter" to fit my car. The least expensive version, the basic "Classic" L16311, is (like some other brands) designed without full end caps, unlike pricier Purolators or the older (2012) basic 16311 I have. One of those is in my car now, despite my misgivings.

By the way , Advance has Mobil 1 or Mobil 1 HM for $ 18.99 , after mail in rebate . Personally , I normally do not have a lot of luck with mail in rebates .

Walmart has Mobil 1 for $ 22.88 . If I needed oil , that is probably what I would do & not have to mess with mail in rebates .

Right now , I am in pretty good shape as far as oil . I think I have 1 more jug of Mobil & 24 quarts of NAPA 5W-30 synthetic .

May need to think about ordering filters in the near future . Rockauto.com has FRAM CH10246 for $ 1.08 each + shipping . What is the word on that filter ?

Thanks , :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back