Aisin AS69RC fluid

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was doing some reading, yes even using the search function on the Mopar ASRC fluid. I am researching alternatives instead of the Mopar fluid. Not looking for the debate on warranty and that the ASRC fluid is made from unicorn farts and is somehow magical in its chemical makeup.

I read that the FF at one point in time was the Mobil 3309 and that in reality the spec for this and other Aisin trans is that JWS-3309 spec. I see that the PetroCan Duradrive is suitable for use for the ASRC and the JWS-3309. Petro's fine print states "Suitable for Use (SFU) = Determined to be suitable based on engineering judgement supported by test data such as laboratory or field testing.

My beloved Co-op ATF SL meets the Toyota T4 and WS spec, which I, again hear is similar to the 3309. Amsoil multi vehicle ATF as well states they meet the ASRC spec.

To me, in my subjective opinion it appears that Aisin wants their basic spec and there is nothing fancy about it. My Rams manual states "Only use MOPAR ASRC Automatic Transmission Fluid or equivalent. Failure to use the proper fluid may affect the function or performance of your transmission."

Now equivalent leaves something to be desired but leaves room for interpretation.

In my 4L60E in my Traiblazer I am running Amsoil ATF LV, surprisingly after 2.5 years it has not blown up. But the Amsoil is not a licensed Dex6??? My 2011 Ram had the Co-op ATF SL, which met the ATF+4 spec, but not licensed. It too did not blow up after lots of hard use. I have a lot of faith in these oil companies, that their multi vehicle formulas are actually good for multiple vehicles and that the vehicle manufacturers are just trying to gouge a few more dollars from consumers.

Now that fluid at Napa looks good. I will look into what price they can do up here. I wonder who supplies Aisin with that fluid?

I just found out about it myself. I think Mobil makes it for them since they make Mobil 3309 and the Toyota Type IV.

According to Aisin themselves, another alternative is their own AT-04 fluid. from what I can tell it is just their thicker viscosity fluid. Again from what I gather it is Toyota T4.

How is your tranny fluid looking? I imagine it's still doing fine, at this early stage in the trucks life.

My AS69RC doesn't get hot. The hottest I've seen was while towing approx. 24k lbs. up a 10% grade for several miles in 90+° F ambient temps. The trans temp just touched 200° F. With the truck running unloaded, the trans temp is usually 165-170° F.

As much as I can tell (Whats on the end of the dipstick) is that it is just fine and bright red. Most I have got out of my trans for temp is 73C unloaded on the highway in the summer and I saw 75C once while towing 20K up a few hills on the highway. So convert that to F and that is 167F. Completely unexciting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back