Post your dog

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ran out of dogs some years ago.

We are moving house in less than a month, and have fortuitously run out of cats last week.

Soooooo....when we move in, the kids are getting a couple of kittens (they've never had a kitten before, just an old grumpy cat)...and I get myself a dog.

Given the size of Oz, the breeders mess up most of the purebreds (I loved my Elkhound, but would never get another bred in Oz).

So I'm going for a "lurcher" (old English term for a poacher's dog, sighthound/terrier cross)

Originally Posted By: Shannow
I ran out of dogs some years ago.

We are moving house in less than a month, and have fortuitously run out of cats last week.

Soooooo....when we move in, the kids are getting a couple of kittens (they've never had a kitten before, just an old grumpy cat)...and I get myself a dog.

Given the size of Oz, the breeders mess up most of the purebreds (I loved my Elkhound, but would never get another bred in Oz).

So I'm going for a "lurcher" (old English term for a poacher's dog, sighthound/terrier cross)
Growing up I just had mutts,,,great dogs..

Meet my 4 year old yellow lab, Hemingway "Hemi". He does not like the heat, anything above 70*F and he is pooped pretty quick.

Funny story, I always take him for walks in the mountains in the winter (no ticks and he never gets tired). One day it was extremely cold (19*F) and snow was on the ground. I was walking alongside a fast moving wide creek. I always let him off the leash because he's trained and he enjoys the freedom, also keeps him from pulling me in the snow. While I stopped and admired the scenery i hear him running, I turn around and there goes super pup jumping right into the freezing water. He absolutely loved it, labs in their natural habitat. Can't keep him out of water. Within minutes his fur was all icicles. I decided to head back to the jeep so he could warm up.

He likes to go in "turbo" mode a lot. Dead on sprints. Usually happens when he gets wet. Funniest thing in the world.

This is Cooper, Australian Cattle Dog (blue heeler) and no Shannow you can't have him. He's the long-legged long tail variety. 6 years old and in the prime of his life. Best dog I've ever owned and there's been a few. Funny thing out here, every dog in the animal shelters is a cattledog mix.

This is Sophie, full blood originol poodle, 7 years old and the smartest dog I've ever known.

Koda - Boston Terrier/Jack Russel mix. Rescued from the Humane Society last October. Handsome young pup with brindle coat. Full of energy, extremely well mannered. Excellent companion, especially to my wife.

My dogs when they were pups

Darwin - Corgi

Kingston - Corgi / Australian Shepard

Remi - mini English Bull Terrier

Last edited:
Here is Teeko, a husky - shar-pei mix. What he lacks in intelligence he makes up in personality. Great with kids and yet protective. I got him as a companion for long winter walks and cross country skiing. He also joins me on bike rides in the summer.

These are the ones that I had.

Akasha, the Norwegian Elkhound.

Bonnie Jean Mirlu, huskyxSamoyed...

I tried, I clicked the blue arrow box and selected my picture off my iPhone and I can't figure it out from there lol

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
This is Cooper, Australian Cattle Dog (blue heeler) and no Shannow you can't have him. He's the long-legged long tail variety. 6 years old and in the prime of his life. Best dog I've ever owned and there's been a few. Funny thing out here, every dog in the animal shelters is a cattledog mix.

Nice, cattle dogs carry a stigma locally...but it's their owners that are the problem, they need lots of exercise and stimulation, which yours is clearly getting.

One of the best dogs that I've ever seen, faithful, 100% reliable was a red cattle dog cross bull terrier.

Hasan
20170525094730_IMG_0067.jpg

VEO (East-European shepherd). Born 3/11/2016. Hyperactive curiosity.

This is Coco, my sweet (estimated) 13-14 year old chocolate lab. I adopted her from the pound about 5 years ago.

This is Shadow, a 11 year old Miniature Schnauzer who is quite the little ninja. He will follow you around in silence and appear in random places. He is a sweet boy though.

This is Raena, a 9 year old Miniature Schnauzer who is quite a manipulative little bugger but she can also be sweet and give you those "please give me attention" eyes that I just can't seem to ignore. She is the attention seeker.

Pounce is part Lab, and Basset? Hangs out it the garage with me all day.

Last edited:

"Ace" RIP buddy. A Cocker Spaniel/King Charles Cavalier blend. King Charles breed can develop anemia, and Ace got sick at about 11 months old. He passed very quickly, miss that guy.

"Secret Agent Man" S.A.M. came to us from the humane society. A 4 pound ball of fun, and former breeder. Story goes that the USDA took some dogs from a breeder that was not in compliance. Breeders do not interact with the dogs except to put them together for reproductive purposes. They are numbered. S.A.M. has 317 tattooed in his ear, so they've given you a number, and taken away your name. Sorry for the lousy pic.

"Brinkley" We pick up Brinkley in two weeks. An F1b female Goldendoodle. Pick up Saturday the 19th, vet appointment Monday the 21st, Trainer comes to the house Wednesday the 23rd. I'm sure the pup will have different ideas than our laid out plan...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back