Because I Can

Status
Not open for further replies.

Since deciding on 5K OCI's, I will be using approximately one 12 quart case per year. This "old SN formula" Quaker State 30wt should fit the bill nicely once I use up my old school Kendall GT-1.

Hi Red,

Did you sell the Cruze? How much did you get for it? Walmart uses QS for their pit crew oil change service for $18. Good quality oil, I'd use it.
thumbsup2.gif

Fine oil for the Roadmaster that was built when SF/SG oil was out.

I forget, what is the Kendall, I remember when you got it, just not what API and such. Seems like it was green or blue oil?

Green oil, API SJ. I also have a couple of gallons of CD/SJ Kendall Super D-3 30wt to use in OPE or whatever. It is not dyed green.

BiL said he passed over Kendall synthetic at $2/quart saying he knew nothing about it ... how many do they make?

Originally Posted By: Red91
This "old SN formula" Quaker State 30wt should fit the bill nicely once I use up my old school Kendall GT-1.

Mix it 50/50

Since deciding on 5K OCI's, I will be using approximately one 12 quart case per year. This "old SN formula" Quaker State 30wt should fit the bill nicely once I use up my old school Kendall GT-1.

I've been kicking around running a SAE 30 but couldn't find one that's a full syn. Not one labeled as such anyway. I think my M1 HM 10w30 is darn close to a mono 30 anyway

As of now? They produce non dexos synthetic, dexos synthetic, and a euro synthetic. Somewhat redundant that they produce three synthetic 5W-30 oils.

Good job Red91,

The QS SAE 30 (API SN) at 5k mile OCI sounds great to me.

Wish I could get a case of Quaker State 30wt here.......swap you some Penrite for it ?

Mmmmm modern SAE30
20.gif
Would LOVE to try straight oils in a modern turbo DI engine. Where do you even find this stuff?

If you are asking specifically about QS 30wt, I've found it occasionally at Walmart in qt bottles and Menard's should stock it too. Most part stores should be able to order it for you.

If you mean modern 30wt oil in general, I've found Castrol and Pennzoil at Walmart. Farm stores should have a decent variety of 30 in various brands, and every parts store I've been in has house brand 30wt. Plenty of options out there.

If you are asking specifically about QS 30wt, I've found it occasionally at Walmart in qt bottles and Menard's should stock it too. Most part stores should be able to order it for you.

If you mean modern 30wt oil in general, I've found Castrol and Pennzoil at Walmart. Farm stores should have a decent variety of 30 in various brands, and every parts store I've been in has house brand 30wt. Plenty of options out there.

*envious* US stores are much better stocked than CDN ones it seems. We rarely get name-brand straights, only minor brands often relabeled with the house label in quart bottles for mowers etc. Actually WM Canada sells pails of SAE30 and 40 - it's re-refined from Safety-Kleen. That's about it for retail around here.

I thought you had access to SN Kendall GT-1 30wt? Is it costly?

No, I can find Kendall GT-1 10W30, but not the monogrades. Close, but no cigar, for me.

As for 10W30 I prefer the local Castrol products that are Euro rated (as well as SN), semi-synthetic Magnatec A3/B4 or full synthetic Edge A5/B5.

The Penrite monograde is SG and the Chief SAE 30 is SF.

I can't find any modern SN monogrades here in Oz.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: PeterPolyol

*envious* US stores are much better stocked than CDN ones it seems. We rarely get name-brand straights, only minor brands often relabeled with the house label in quart bottles for mowers etc. Actually WM Canada sells pails of SAE30 and 40 - it's re-refined from Safety-Kleen. That's about it for retail around here.

Safety-Clean has a good rep as a re-refiner. They make some good lubes. I would not be afraid of their stuff at all
smile.gif

What about Pennzoil? It seems at least two members (Shannow and Alycon) have found Pennzoil 30wt in their respective countries. If I'm not mistaken Shannow hails from Australia and Alycon from Malaysia. Try hardware stores instead of auto parts stores, if you haven't already.
thumbsup2.gif

Do you have a way to get acquainted with a distributor? I bet they have some SN PCMO 30wt in stock. Perhaps try a Chevron or Pennzoil/Quaker State handler. It will help if you operate even the smallest of business operations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back