Recommend me a good flashlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a rechargeable pen light from stream light I bought it from the Matco tool guy. It has been an awful pos honestly. What would be a good durable flashlight that is also very bright. Thank you everyone.

What size?

I carry a little 3W single-AAA "MXDL" in my front right pocket, clipped next to my knife.
I never go anywhere without it.
EVER.

For a bigger (18650 cell style) light: Fenix.
Expensive, yes - but the "copies" don't work as well.

Originally Posted By: ram_man
What would be a good durable flashlight that is also very bright. Thank you everyone.

What does "very bright mean"? 100 lumen? 1,000 lumen? 10,000 lumen?

What beam pattern do you want? Flood or spot/throw?

What size are you looking for?

What type of batteries are you interested in using?

Do you need the ability to plug the light in to recharge it?

Home Depot sells a 2 AA battery flashlight called the Rayovac Indestructible. Bright, two settings, and just about unbreakable. 17 dollars.

product_mm_led_aaa_2c_blister_blk_v6.jpg

I carry one of these daily for years at work as a service engineer. It clips nicely to the inside of my pants pocket. Highly recommended.

I've used a fenix L0Dce for years as my edc. Been absolutely great! Their product line has changed so look at the website to see which would be best for you.

I payed about 4 bucks a piece for T6 Cree chipped flashlights from China on eBay. The ones with a green band for focus of the beam. Price to power ratio is unbeatable. A cheap poor Chinese battery runs 2+ hours, haven't found a better deal yet.

Mag Lite. They have every size you want, and it's the standard all other lights compare to.

If you're a Rock 'n' Roll roadie or lighting tech in any stadium, TV crew, opera house ... you name it ... and you don't have a mini Mag Lite hanging from your neck, you will get laughed out of the building. Plus your black T-shirt. I said black; no exceptions.

Nitecore makes good quality LED flashlights that can be found on Amazon. I have an older EA41 that has been reliable and super bright for its small size. Looks like the current EA11 is under $60 and quite nice.

Originally Posted By: Johnny2Bad
Mag Lite. They have every size you want, and it's the standard all other lights compare to.

I've had terrible luck with Mag-Lites. Owned 2 and threw 1 at the basement wall in frustration with it's dependability.

I have 3 of these and given several away to friends. Great, reliable, bright lights, especially with a 3.6v Li-ion 14500
link removed - causing side scroll

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: Dyusik
I payed about 4 bucks a piece for T6 Cree chipped flashlights from China on eBay. The ones with a green band for focus of the beam. Price to power ratio is unbeatable. A cheap poor Chinese battery runs 2+ hours, haven't found a better deal yet.

These are GREAT - until you drop one, then - Poof. Not too terrible durable.

I've got a Fenix TK-11 that I've carried for years. It's gone through the wash a bunch of times too. I love that light. Only drawback is it uses CR123A batteries. A little pricey but they last a long time.
I also use a Fenix LD41 at work. It uses four AA batteries. Super bright light. sends the beam a long distance. great when we have to spot a piece of equipment on a high ceiling.

I've got a Blue-Point (Snap-On) light, rechargeable, almost 2 years old works great. Good battery life.

Originally Posted By: Linctex
Originally Posted By: Dyusik

These are GREAT - until you drop one, then - Poof. Not too terrible durable.

Odd, I have 4 of them, dropped many times and great battery life, at least in my opinion for an old 70+ yeard man to use around the house and minor auto repair.

Thank God for retirement!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back